IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
conneranderson16c (Offline)
  #11 6/18/21 10:08 AM
It went great. Jake Neuman was disqualified after spinning out in turn 2, got out of his car and then proceeded to go to the tail of the race for two laps around before the green. They had to force him off the track.

Other than that, and the scary wreck, it was a great show! Especially seeing Sarff go from 18 to 3rd.
4 Likes: jim goerge, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
ISF (Offline)
  #12 6/18/21 11:01 AM
Neuman didn't spin out, he got dumped by a guy that beyond doubt was going to pass him for the lead. Neuman had every right to be pissed but obviously he shouldn't have got out of his car. I'm going to take a wild guess that Jake didn't give a rats ass at that point.

Oh, and the guy that took Neuman out? A little karma took effect shortly after the incident with Neuman, if you believe in those things.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
6 Likes: conneranderson16c, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, skids59, tirespinner
luckybuc97 (Offline)
  #13 6/18/21 11:05 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=befGYDg2SdU&t=82s

Rick Roth
4 Likes: jdull99, jim goerge, tirespinner, TNRustler
conneranderson16c (Offline)
  #14 6/18/21 4:04 PM
I totally agree that the dude that spun him out was in the wrong, but if he had waited in his car for track officials to review to see if he was at fault or if someone else was. He should not have gotten out of his car, period.

Originally Posted by ISF:
Neuman didn't spin out, he got dumped by a guy that beyond doubt was going to pass him for the lead. Neuman had every right to be pissed but obviously he shouldn't have got out of his car. I'm going to take a wild guess that Jake didn't give a rats ass at that point.

Oh, and the guy that took Neuman out? A little karma took effect shortly after the incident with Neuman, if you believe in those things.
ISF (Offline)
  #15 6/19/21 9:57 AM
Originally Posted by conneranderson16c:
I totally agree that the dude that spun him out was in the wrong, but if he had waited in his car for track officials to review to see if he was at fault or if someone else was. He should not have gotten out of his car, period.
I'm not intimately familiar with POWRi policy and procedure regarding one car dumping another. Is there a possibility that Neuman would have been put back in the lead had he not expressed his displeasure with the dumper? Giving the dumpee their position back seems not to be the policy of USAC but possibly POWRi is different in that department.

As I said, it was obvious that Jake wasn't overly concerned with proper protocol at that point and who can blame him.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
2 Likes: jim goerge, racenut69
racenut69 (Offline)
  #16 6/19/21 4:17 PM
Kofoid didn't make any friends on Thursday,they got together during the push- offs for hotlaps last night at Jacksonville,and Neumann ended up with a RR flat and pulled off....He came out later in the back-up car..T-Mez showed up last night also,nice surprise...KKM had a lot of rebuilding to do after last 2 nights.....I doubt that he even blinked....

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
2 Likes: jim goerge, oppweld
oppweld (Offline)
  #17 6/19/21 5:06 PM
I'm not a Kofoid apologist but that was barely a love tap. Neuman fans were crying like it was Doug "The Hammer" Esh collision with Becca Anderson circa 1996!
2 Likes: jim goerge, Jonr
ISF (Offline)
  #18 6/20/21 12:49 AM
I don't drive those things so I have no first hand knowledge as to what's barely a love tap and what's not. The contact certainly appeared to be significantly more than barely a love tap but again, since the next lap I turn on a dirt track will be the first, I digress.

For the record my feelings are totally neutral in reference to the dumpee as well as the dumper.