IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #21 6/11/14 1:43 AM
Originally Posted by Indy1808:
Ok, Thanks but note my concern.
I'm 185 miles away (3hours) $4 gas & $65 room. Then turn back and drive 2 hours plus to LPS when I could just head there Thursday about 105 mile from the house. Sleep in my own bed Wed nite, 5 hours of driving down to 2, less miles on the old beater & me.
[Sounds like Im already talking myself out of it]

Sounds like a no brainer huh? But no I've made the trip to GC I69 for many shows over many years, not just USAC and was well rewarded with some very satisfying racing. I too, was there for last years IMW event where we dodged the weather bullet.

As we all know, many times races need called not because of track conditions
but pit conditions, so we shall see.
Unfortunate, that someone can't geographically coordinate the Midget Week schedule so many of us (including the entertainment haulers) are not zig-zagging the state.

I'm much obliged to anybody that updates on this event status.
Just pull that way and i will say they will do everything to get the show in and if they rain out you can meet alot of great race fans and have a great time . You do not want to wake up thursday and say we should of went to gas city when they ended up running. Thats part of indiana and dirt track racing. Go have fun and enjoy !!!!!!
seracing (Offline)
  #22 6/11/14 8:04 AM
Anyone know how the camping area is holding up to the rain? Not sure if I should bring the camper.
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #23 6/11/14 9:01 AM
So far the sun is shining this morning.

Tyler
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #24 6/11/14 9:08 AM
Originally Posted by cwfan08:
So far the sun is shining this morning.

Tyler
Don't look over your shoulder, not pretty.

Jerry
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #25 6/11/14 9:38 AM
Your 9:30 AM report. Again, I am 30 miles south of Gas City but it has started to rain here again. Looking at the radar, there is a line of green and yellow running from Anderson to Vincennes that doesn't look promising.

So far we have only had around a 1/2" of rain here yesterday up to now. If that is also the case at Gas City, I doubt that it would be the problem. However, depending on how long this current weather takes to get through here might just be the determining factor.

Think positive and maybe this batch will miss the speedway.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, erich45
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #26 6/11/14 10:06 AM
In the paper today it says they will try anything possible to run.. They really do not want to lose this race as they have already lost the kiss show..but no the weather doesn't look great.. But fingers are crossed..

Tyler
jjones752 (Offline)
  #27 6/11/14 10:13 AM
On weather.com, the future radar model shows the storm skirting around the race track, with about 20 minutes of rain around 1:30; be nice if it actually pans out...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Mud Packer, Stephen Cording
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #28 6/11/14 10:50 AM
Here's the latest radar.

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #29 6/11/14 10:57 AM
Well the rain we are getting here now is the hardest it has rained either yesterday or today. If this proceeds north and hits the speedway it would be a heavy hit. Don't know if they would have the time to overcome this as we probably won't see the sunshine that could help with the drying process. Keep your fingers crossed that this line of showers misses the speedway.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, Stephen Cording
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #30 6/11/14 11:18 AM
Here's the latest radar.
11:20 eastern

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing