IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws Info As Of 4/27
4/27/21, 10:24 PM   #1
Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws Info As Of 4/27
kdobson

I wanted to get the word out about how to get in touch with us and ticket info for this Thursday's World of Outlaw event in Jacksonville.

First, All weather models are pretty well in agreement that Thursday evening in Jacksonville is going to be dry with skies clearing. They are also in agreement that we are going to get some rain Wednesday. So the status of our Outlaw show should be well-known before any of you start to make the trip. I have two different numbers for you. Either TEXT my personal cell at 217-371-3653 (it might take 30 mins or so for me to reply) or CALL our track hotline at 217-207-6426 and listen to the latest recording. I update that recording as soon as anything changes for the negative. If you are still getting our general informational message about the event - you can bet that as of the moment you called we are still racing.

We absolutely fully intend to be racing Thursday night. We can handle a reasonable amount of rain Wednesday. The track is packed in, pits are pretty firm etc and we think most of Thursday is going to be dry.

And unlike our typical Outlaw show, there will be tickets available at the window when you get here. We've sold about 2/3 of our tickets, but since your phone Weather App has started putting raindrop icons on Wed and Thursday, the other 1/3 we usually sell in the 48 hours before the race aren't moving until that icon changes.

If you are making a long trip and are at all worried about tickets, buy them on your way here on Thursday online at www.jacksonvillespeedway.com. We can scan the email from your phone. No need to print. Or walk-up and buy them. But please don't call or text asking for me to hold you some. That takes an incredible amount of time on a race day.

Grandstands open at 4:00 for anyone with a ticket in hand.(Small reward for purchasing in advance). Window for walk-up sales will open at 4:30. Hot laps/qualifyingat 6:00. Racing at 7:00. We expect to be done around 9.

So keep your plans for Thursday night open. Check our hotline before you leave, then maybe grab a ticket online. But come with confidence because once we are clear to race Thursday morning, we won't be getting any more rain later. We will get you in and out of here. Only one class of cars racing - and those are the ones you are paying to see.

Again, text me if you have any questions.

Thanks

Kenny Dobson
Jacksonville Speedway
jacksonvillespeedway@gmail.com
217-371-3653

Last edited by kdobson; 4/27/21 at 10:40 PM.

4/28/21, 12:06 AM   #2
flagboy55

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a promoter more forthcoming with information and details about an upcoming event. Well done sir.

4/29/21, 9:24 AM   #3
Re: Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws Info As Of 4/27
kdobson

I'll save you a phone call to that hotline number. YES, WE ARE RACING TONIGHT. Teams: We really can't let you in the pits until 3. We got a fair amount of rain last night, but it'll be dried out and firm by 3.

Fans: Tickets will be available to purchase when you get here. Walk-up gate opens at 4:30. Tickets can be purchased online all day today. Gate opens at 4:00 for anyone with a ticket in hand (or on their phone from online.)

4/30/21, 2:47 PM   #4
Re: Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws Info As Of 4/27
BrentTFunk

That was a heck of a race last night.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jacksonville Speedway Outlaws Info As Of 4/27