4 Likes: jim goerge, mc/rider, rdzsprint, Rich Mersereau
mc/rider (Offline)
  #2 5/30/16 9:09 PM
Ate breakfast with AJ last wednesday,well there was one table between us

When in doubt Gas It
3 Likes: Bostonian, jim goerge, luckybuc97
racer-x (Offline)
  #3 5/30/16 9:33 PM
There are only a handful of men left that tell the facts like AJ. If the speedway would invest the money they spend on promoting so called Hollywood stars like "lady goo goo" I bet they could offset a team owner with some $$ to promote somebody like BC.
We sat all the way to the top in turn 4 on carb day and the people sitting close to us were very knowledgeable Indy fans. They had little facts on how good that guy in the green and white 88 was outside the Indy 500. I hate to say it but I can't say I ever heard of Alex Rossi before he won the race as I don't pay much attention to F1.
5 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, speed bump, team3521
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #4 5/30/16 9:39 PM
Originally Posted by racer-x:
There are only a handful of men left that tell the facts like AJ. If the speedway would invest the money they spend on promoting so called Hollywood stars like "lady goo goo" I bet they could offset a team owner with some $$ to promote somebody like BC.
We sat all the way to the top in turn 4 on carb day and the people sitting close to us were very knowledgeable Indy fans. They had little facts on how good that guy in the green and white 88 was outside the Indy 500. I hate to say it but I can't say I ever heard of Alex Rossi before he won the race as I don't pay much attention to F1.
I thought he was a foreign driver. I had no idea he was an American the way he acted after the race waving and blowing kisses to the fans, not to mention I never had heard of him .
2 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97
streetglider (Offline)
  #5 5/30/16 9:52 PM
I'm not gonna lie ... The way he acted in victory lane - I thnk he might be gay.
2 Likes: PIT CART, racer-x
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #6 5/30/16 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by streetglider:
I'm not gonna lie ... The way he acted in victory lane - I thnk he might be gay.
And you thought....Hey...I wonder if he's dating anyone?

As far as AJ goes....I didn't see him offering any rides at Kokomo Sun night.

I think Furestone and the Speedway have spent a lot of $ getting guys to Indy over the past few years.

I think we all know he's American now.
4 Likes: Kellen Conover, Puppy, Tom23, trannyman
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #7 5/30/16 10:34 PM
The thought of him being gay never crossed my mind. I just thought he did not act like the American drivers do. I heard tonight that he was raised in Europe so that explains his personality .
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #8 5/30/16 10:48 PM
The "guys arent as tough, not as good as we were" thing is pretty lame. It serves no purpose, makes the old guy look small and belittles today's stars. AJ should be trying to help the sport by talking about how talented the drivers are today. Full respect for AJ but what is going on today has no impact on his greatness, let it go.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jerry Shaw, Kellen Conover, Puppy, Stevensville Mike, Task Force, Tom23
Ratso (Offline)
  #9 5/30/16 10:51 PM
Florence Henderson in victory lane was after Rossi like a cougar. That even scares me.Give the guy a break.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, bsmith8, SteveW
Kellen Conover (Offline)
  #10 5/30/16 10:54 PM
Boy, some intelligence being spewed here. We have an extremely talented American driver win the Indianapolis 500 and some want to discuss his ****** orientation, or demean his abilities because he doesn't have their preferred racing background. Do the Google, read a biography. By 17 he had already moved himself to Europe to further his career because he wanted to become a Formula 1 driver. Sounds like someone we should all be a fan of.
16 Likes: Backitin, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, Crankin, Dirtfan, DirtHawk92, EBookerFan, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, JordanBlanton, Puppy, Russ, Stevensville Mike, Tom23, turn4