bloard (Offline)
  #151 7/3/11 11:20 PM
5 Likes: 767, Charles Nungester, dirtball, ffrid, The Old Coyote
sp6967 (Offline)
  #152 7/3/11 11:21 PM
the fat lady is tunin' up.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #153 7/3/11 11:24 PM
One of the five greatest sprint car races I ever saw was at Terre Haute, in the daytime. Rich Vogler starting in the back in the Bowen Olds car and kicking everybody's a##.

If you know what your doing you can put a great show on in the day time at THAT. Nobody knew what they were doing today.
3 Likes: CRA91, IndyBound
sp6967 (Offline)
  #154 7/3/11 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
One of the five greatest sprint car races I ever saw was at Terre Haute, in the daytime. Rich Vogler starting in the back in the Bowen Olds car and kicking everybody's a##.

If you know what your doing you can put a great show on in the day time at THAT. Nobody knew what they were doing today.
before the epa siad no more of that.
miledirt (Offline)
  #155 7/3/11 11:26 PM
I agree, dirt AND daylight can mix. I too have seen many good daytime shows at DuQuoin and Sfield
Posted using Mobile Device
dant (Offline)
  #156 7/3/11 11:33 PM
When did USAC start doing track prep?.....T.H.A.T. gets the blame...USAC should require the track to pay the purse...the racers spent a lot to get there..the track failed the racers and the fans
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #157 7/3/11 11:34 PM
Yeah we put on a great race at Brownstown back in 2009 for our Jackson 100, so youre right, under the right circumstances it works

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
Need For Speed (Offline)
  #158 7/3/11 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
Dirt and daylight dont mix.

How in the hell were there any races before all of the 'dirt tracks' had lights?????????

Eldora has night races, and is still a total dust bowl (and at least once, a total mud hole for no reason, and one other time a motocross track), explain that!

1" of rain should not have caused this mess, and it should have been a wet/tacky speed fest, not a dust bowl.

The cause of this most recent USAC disaster is, IDIOTS running the show!!!!
5 Likes: 64chevy, CRA91, dirtball, Mud Packer
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #159 7/3/11 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by dant:
When did USAC start doing track prep?.....T.H.A.T. gets the blame...USAC should require the track to pay the purse...the racers spent a lot to get there..the track failed the racers and the fans
When they took over the promotional duties this year at Terre Haute. It is solely on USAC now.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
agar (Offline)
  #160 7/3/11 11:41 PM
Unless they get someone who knows how to prep a track in there Tuesday and start getting it in order it will not be good in 10 days for sprint week.

I think it is time to move this date to Putnamville then get a promoter and the Fair board together for next year and try again.

because if you try again in a week and you have a mess like today it might just be the end of the action Track.

it will be hard to find someone to take a chance on the place.

just my thoughts not trying to start a fight!
Closed Thread