IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 6/30/18 5:26 PM
All set up at the track in the camping area for a little pre game fun. Stop by if you're in the neighborhood
2 Likes: Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #2 6/30/18 6:37 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
All set up at the track in the camping area for a little pre game fun. Stop by if you're in the neighborhood
Had to pull the reins up on the horse tonight, '55. Can't make it. Have one for me and yell loud!
2 Likes: flagboy55, tirespinner
oppweld (Offline)
  #3 6/30/18 7:02 PM
Any guess on non wing car count?
miledirt (Offline)
  #4 6/30/18 7:29 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
Per twitter, 13 WAR Wildcard non wing cars in the pits
mlamb (Offline)
  #5 6/30/18 7:29 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
13 cars....per WAR Twitter.
2 Likes: Dirtfan, tirespinner
dshort36 (Offline)
  #6 6/30/18 10:50 PM
Brady short to start on pole of nonwing feature
3 Likes: Dirtfan, Pat O'Connor Fan, wildman92
illinifan (Offline)
  #7 6/30/18 11:16 PM
Chris Windom ran away with it, Brady Short 2nd and Korey Weyent 3rd
6 Likes: chrismattlin, dshort36, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #8 7/2/18 12:17 AM
Good show at 66. Not so much the wingless, much to the chagrin of many of our faithful. Actually the WAR race can be summed up in 2 words, Chris Windom. The Allstars however had a nice race. Track was way better than I expected with 95 degrees and full sunshine with strong winds. Hat shake to the crew at Joliet for keeping it racey. I went wanting to see 2 of the greatest of all time, Jac and Dave race, and they didn't disappoint. Jac led some and Dave came from 21st to second! Yes non wingers, 21st to 2nd. Aaron Ruetzel is on quite a roll, and picked up the win. A real nice crowd too. I'm glad I went and I hope Joliet keeps bringing open wheel racing to the south Chicago area. And hopefully Mike I'll see you at Plymouth for ISW
9 Likes: davidm, fishnman, illinifan, jdull99, Kydehart, nathans1012, ronmil, spicoli, Stevensville Mike
jdull99 (Offline)
  #9 7/2/18 2:36 AM
How was the crowd? A few nascar fans?

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
ISF (Offline)
  #10 7/2/18 9:21 AM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
How was the crowd? A few nascar fans?
There was a very good crowd on hand.

Don't know how many NASCAR fans were there but it couldn't have been that many since there were very few people standing during green flag racing.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
8 Likes: fishnman, flagboy55, jdull99, motorhead748, ronmil, SDHill89, spicoli, wallbanger II