IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More Information on Tim's Accident and Injuries... from tims website
1/16/09, 4:10 PM   #11
Re: More Information on Tim's Accident and Injuries... from tims website
aceace

If anyone reading this does not have health insurance. There are policies that pays you a set amount of money per day you are injured in an accident/mishap. Up to $500 a day if hospitalized and lesser amounts if recovering at home (varies by policy). It does not pay anything to hospitals/doctors etc. It pays you and you only. I believe it is to a maximum of $100,000. Its about $25 a month. This seems to be a good deal for someone racing. You can also get this on top of standard health insurance to pay your mortgage/utility bills. I know someone that was in a motorcycle accident and was off work for a month. They were paid about $12,000. Just something to think about.

1/16/09, 6:16 PM   #12
REALDEAL

Aflac?

1/16/09, 7:22 PM   #13
ajb6

Combined Insurance has accident policies that cover racers. $15.00 & up, per month. They pay you direct. No one needs to bash Tim. Everyone just needs to keep him in our thought & prayers & do what we each can to help.
Last edited by ajb6; 1/16/09 at 7:43 PM.

1/16/09, 9:31 PM   #14
micro94

It was a freak accident.Its not everyday you see a rearend break the way that one did.But Ive havent seen anything on here yet about the track having any insurance.Do they,or do you half to sign a waiver saying the track isnt responsible?As far as personal insurance goes alot of people cant afford medical insurance.I understand that because I cant afford it for myself and wife either.That is a secondary subject right now.A racer got hurt and we need to think about him and his recovery and his family that is dealing with this right now.Sometimes things happen and we dont know why but we half to learn from and make the best of them.Get well soon Tim.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > More Information on Tim's Accident and Injuries... from tims website