IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
admin (Offline)
  #1 10/12/17 3:00 PM
10/12/17 2:32 PM 2018 INDIANA MIDGET WEEK DATES SET

More...

2018 INDIANA MIDGET WEEK DATES SET

Mark your 2018 calendars! The dates for the 14th edition of Indiana Midget Week have been set.

Six dates at six tracks in six consecutive nights are slated for the USAC Midget National Championship between Tuesday, May 29 and Sunday, June 3, 2018.

The schedule of tracks has yet to be finalized.* Shane Golobic was the 2017 Indiana Midget Week champ.
4 Likes: jim goerge, speed bump, stealth43k, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 10/12/17 5:42 PM
I honestly don't want to sound like a downer, But why do they do this when many schools are still in session?

Charles Nungester
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #3 10/12/17 5:52 PM
That must be the week after the 500. Folks have just traveled for the pre-500 weekend. They won't come back that soon.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 10/12/17 6:13 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I honestly don't want to sound like a downer, But why do they do this when many schools are still in session?
The school year is so long anymore it is hard to fit everything in. This is the earliest I have seen dates like this announced. I remember waiting until January for schedules years ago.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, Simon_says17, speed bump, tirespinner
TQ97 (Online)
  #5 10/12/17 7:24 PM
If I’m not mistaken, the POWRi midget week was the first weekend in June this year....
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #6 10/12/17 7:37 PM
They swapped weeks this year. Personally I liked it. Was able to hit the midget week show at LPS on way to Eldora for the Dream.
2 Likes: PIT CART, speed bump
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #7 10/12/17 10:58 PM
Many schools,including Greensburg,made the smart decision to go back to one week of Fall Break. This will let us get out before Memorial Day for the first time in years. Our last day is May 24th.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, speed bump
Crankin (Offline)
  #8 10/13/17 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
Many schools,including Greensburg,made the smart decision to go back to one week of Fall Break. This will let us get out before Memorial Day for the first time in years. Our last day is May 24th.
Congratulations!! What grade are you in? 😁
5 Likes: erich45, FishBurger, jim goerge, tirespinner, trannyman
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #9 10/13/17 2:07 AM
I'm a teacher, congrats to you too.
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, davidm, speed bump
TKRacing (Offline)
  #10 10/13/17 6:27 AM
Complaining about the dates? Can USAC please anyone on here? Be glad they've put the dates out this early so you can plan way in advance. I swear some people on here would complain if they paid you 50 bucks to join because you wanted 100.
18 Likes: billw, BrentTFunk, davidm, DIZZLE, GRAYBEARD, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, mlamb, opnwhlmnd, racenut69, Scott Daloisio, Simon_says17, tirespinner, TNRustler, Tony74, Tqcrazy, trannyman
Closed Thread