IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mc/rider (Offline)
  #11 5/20/15 8:45 AM
Since 1911 one constant remains year after year,1 man 1 machine contesting the track.Of all the faults we find[me included] its still a thrill to see them run.As for pricing my .5 cent candy bar cost a$1.25 now

When in doubt Gas It
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, jjones752, ronmil
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #12 5/20/15 10:12 AM
How's that overpricing tickets working out for nascar now! ( I know you can't compare the racing )
2 Likes: 1021gpa, PIT CART
ronmil (Offline)
  #13 5/20/15 1:05 PM
I get so many e-mails that I had overlooked the one from IMS. I was looking at IOW on my phone when I saw the thread about the ticket prices. I checked and it looks like mine went up about $18 each. I still consider this a bargain in comparison to other major league sports. Can't believe all the nattering nabobs of negativism concerning the 500. Sure, it has changed, but what hasn't? I absolutely love all the pomp and ceremony, and the last two 500's have been the best of the fifty I have seen. The size of the crowd is back to nearly what it was before the split, and I predict the 100th running will be totally sold out. Looking forward to my 51st consecutive event this coming Sunday, and then I will change modes and stop at TSS on the way home and get a little dirt in my hair. Two totally different events, but I enjoy both.

Ron Miller
5 Likes: aka Liz, i love dirt track racing, jjones752, mc/rider, TWagner73
itsanonwingthing (Offline)
  #14 5/20/15 1:30 PM
thought I would check the Klipsch Music center to see the going rate for some of the major concert's, INDY 500 is a bargain!

http://www.klipschmusiccenter.org/kl...enter-tickets/

or you can go watch a BORING Reds baseball game (MLB has so many "furiners" that it makes Indy car look like the all American Sport, BTW, aren't there some American players at the local Softball fields that deserve a shot at the Majors instead of all those Cuban's!) for $90 and under.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16..._Tickets-na-x0

Keith Wendel
It's a Non Wing thing,.......you wouldn't understand!
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, jjones752, ronmil, Task Force
aka Liz (Offline)
  #15 5/20/15 1:37 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
I get so many e-mails that I had overlooked the one from IMS. I was looking at IOW on my phone when I saw the thread about the ticket prices. I checked and it looks like mine went up about $18 each. I still consider this a bargain in comparison to other major league sports. Can't believe all the nattering nabobs of negativism concerning the 500. Sure, it has changed, but what hasn't? I absolutely love all the pomp and ceremony, and the last two 500's have been the best of the fifty I have seen. The size of the crowd is back to nearly what it was before the split, and I predict the 100th running will be totally sold out. Looking forward to my 51st consecutive event this coming Sunday, and then I will change modes and stop at TSS on the way home and get a little dirt in my hair. Two totally different events, but I enjoy both.
I'm lucky, my tickets only went up $3.00 - but what in life hasn't increased in price? Like Ron, I will be attending my 51st Indianapolis 500 this year and I cherish each and every one of them. Here's hoping that our own Bryan Clauson has a great showing on Sunday!
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jjones752
ronmil (Offline)
  #16 5/20/15 2:09 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Correction,

My tickets only went up $11 each, from $109 to $120 each. Have had these tickets since 1968, when they were $20 each.

Ron Miller
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #17 5/20/15 3:00 PM
Well, prices have to go up when the state of Indiana only gives you $100 Million in taxpayer money over 10 years to make improvements. Of course, you hear about how much money the race brings into the state but 98% of that money has to go to Marion Co. alone. I don't see any economic benefit in Evansville due to the 500 but we're a step-child down here anyway. They'll spend our money on the track, though.
ronmil (Offline)
  #18 5/20/15 3:08 PM
What about the taxpayer money spent on the stick and ball stadiums in Indianapolis and the money spent to keep teams around every time they threaten to leave? That is sure not helping us down here in Evansville.

Ron Miller
jjones752 (Offline)
  #19 5/20/15 3:38 PM
Still the Greatest Spectacle in Racing. Still the #1 attended sporting event. In the World. I still get choked up (just like Eddie Sachs, and possibly partly because I'm thinking of him) when they play "Taps".
Sure, it has it's faults; what doesn't? I'm with Ron, the last 2 have been Classics. And think about this: how many of the hits this year would have been fatal in the 50's, 60's or even up to the 90's? All of the improvements to the cars and the facility cost money, and many of those improvements "enhance the experience" by allowing guys like Hinch to come back next year, and hopefully for many years to come. That's worth a bump in the ticket prices to me.

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, ronmil
ronmil (Offline)
  #20 5/20/15 3:41 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
Still the Greatest Spectacle in Racing. Still the #1 attended sporting event. In the World. I still get choked up (just like Eddie Sachs, and possibly partly because I'm thinking of him) when they play "Taps".
Sure, it has it's faults; what doesn't? I'm with Ron, the last 2 have been Classics. And think about this: how many of the hits this year would have been fatal in the 50's, 60's or even up to the 90's? All of the improvements to the cars and the facility cost money, and many of those improvements "enhance the experience" by allowing guys like Hinch to come back next year, and hopefully for many years to come. That's worth a bump in the ticket prices to me.
Speaking of Eddie Sachs, if you haven't read "Black Noon", you should get a copy!

Ron Miller