IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Terry Porter (Offline)
  #1 11/4/22 9:24 PM
Is anyone else having problems watching the Oval Nats? I can watch any other Flo channel cast to my TV but the race channel times out every time. Been trying for over 30min now.
2 Likes: 2fast4u, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #2 11/4/22 10:22 PM
Yup same issue. Working now

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #3 11/5/22 7:52 AM
For some reason it seems when they switch cameras they lose transmission. I am sure the "lag" time has something to do with it.

I think they are basically shooting this with a cell phone technology. I once spoke to my buddy D.O. about this as broadcasting technology is not my strong suit!. He said there is no satellite up link or equipment what so ever.

I have subscribed for three years now and it is pretty rare for them to not fix the problem. There have been a few instances when it was really annoying but for the most part they do a really good job. I also think one of the talents "Drew" possesses is the ability to trouble shoot the equipment.
2 Likes: erich45, tirespinner
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #4 11/7/22 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Terry Porter:
Is anyone else having problems watching the Oval Nats? I can watch any other Flo channel cast to my TV but the race channel times out every time. Been trying for over 30min now.
played ok on phone, not on tv...was worked on... finally fixed 90 min. later!!
  #5 11/8/22 9:50 AM
Flo uses the internet to broadcast, just like Dirtvision and all the others. Hence why there is no live coverage where there is crap internet.
2 Likes: Hubie48, tirespinner