IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: RACEDAY: "4-Crown Nationals" at Eldora Speedway
9/24/17, 3:27 AM   #11
Kydehart

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 crown weekend. It seems everyone is quick to bash eldora, but it's a great facility with great events and I think the let's race two weekend in may and 4 crown are two of the best bang for your buck nights of racing anywhere. . No track has great races every night and I think they tried but they got dealt a bad hand with the unseasonably hot day we had. Not to mention last year they were bashed for fixing the track so they were probably keeping that in the back of their mind and kept pushing everything through. Not the greatest racing tonight but I definitely don't feel cheated or that it was a bad event. And Robert ballous postrace interview was worth the price of admission. Also got lucky enough to accidentally sit next to flagboy so thanks to him for providing some knowledgeable conversation through the races. Hope to see you at the track again soon.

9/24/17, 4:01 AM   #12
Re: USAC: RACEDAY: "4-Crown Nationals" at Eldora Speedway
BrentTFunk

I actually thought the track held up ok considering the weather conditions and the amount of cars and races. Thought they kept it moving along pretty good. Didn't think the race was as good as the Friday race in the spring. I have no complaints.

7 members like this post: Clydesdale, fish, flagboy55, Kydehart, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
9/24/17, 4:17 AM   #13
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newport13 View Post
idgi...was there like NO cushion then?
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/24/17, 4:46 AM   #14
Kydehart

There was a wall...the weather really killed them, as mr. Funk has stated. I thought they did about as well as could be expected with it and enjoyed the racing. Holly Shelton made the midget race, tmez was moving forward in the sprints and then bacon made it interesting for Leary at the end. Nice to see bacon get his first ASCoC win and sunshine get his first champ car win. I'd watch silver crowns race around a cornfield. Kudos to joss moffatt and the Williams team. Put that car back together after his crash and he ran really well in the feature, I thought. Well done all around. I had fun and will be back in May for let's race two.

9/24/17, 4:48 AM   #15
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I actually thought the track held up ok considering the weather conditions and the amount of cars and races. Thought they kept it moving along pretty good. Didn't think the race was as good as the Friday race in the spring. I have no complaints.
That Friday spring race was fantastic. Be hard to beat that one but I agree with you 100%

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hotrod, tirespinner
9/24/17, 10:59 AM   #16
BrentTFunk

The USAC race was won on the top. The wing cars run the bottom, even though Bacon didn't, he was on the top. I think the wing cars are more of the reason than the track. They are too hooked up. If you never have to lift all the way around, the shortest way will be the fastest.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Kydehart, tirespinner
9/24/17, 11:01 AM   #17
PIT CART

I hate asking but what time did the last race get over?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/24/17, 11:58 AM   #18
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I hate asking but what time did the last race get over?
I hate to ask but what did Robert Ballou have to say in victory lane. Could not make it last night. I'm sure that he will get a call from earl baltus after this weekend. Lol. Thanks.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
9/24/17, 12:27 PM   #19
opnwhlmnd

I'm not exact on time but i think around 1am. I got home 30 miles west of St Louis at 7AM central time and even talked with friends for about 45 minutes after the races. I was pleased with the night it was 95 degrees with a 10-15 mph wind all day did anyone really expect it to be wet and tacky?

6 members like this post: bobO, BrentTFunk, dwhitney1169, fish, flagboy55, tirespinner
9/24/17, 12:29 PM   #20
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
I hate to ask but what did Robert Ballou have to say in victory lane. Could not make it last night. I'm sure that he will get a call from earl baltus after this weekend. Lol. Thanks.
He basically called it a pavement track and was kind of mad he sold the pavement stuff 5 years ago. He had a call from Stewart back in May after his comments in a magazine and Tony said to him he will have the biggest and best cushion in Eldora Speedway history and it didn't turn out that way. It was slick as $h!t.

5 members like this post: bobO, flagboy55, Hotrod, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: RACEDAY: "4-Crown Nationals" at Eldora Speedway