IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoffman Racing pres release-driver change
5/3/11, 10:44 PM   #21
Re: Hoffman Racing pres release-driver change
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Wow!

5/3/11, 10:58 PM   #22
Jonr

Coon Dog is one of my favorite drivers. Lost a lot of respect for the Hoffman guys. Driver changes happen but it is rare that a class team will do it in mid season. It would have been better form to wait until the end of the season.

Pretty crappy 6 months for Jerry. Lost two great rides that he had had for years. ouch....

4 members like this post: kawkaw2, Lanie12, team3521
5/3/11, 11:01 PM   #23
mortboyz

Gosh, what is that, like their 347th driver now.....

5/3/11, 11:04 PM   #24
Bronco Billy Molkenbur

PRILOSEC! good Luck Jerry!

5/3/11, 11:19 PM   #25
ArizonaCoonsFan

I've known Jerry since he drove the 1az midget in Arizona for the Whitmore's with Ron Trainor turning the wrenches. I was lucky enough to help him and his teams with some sponsorship dollars along the way. It breaks my heart to see this news. Jerry is one of the classiest most down to earth individuals I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Jerry made his mark by hard work and his great ability to take care of equipment, first driving for his father and then the many teams he has driven for through the years. He is truly one of the good guys and I hope it all turns out for the best for him Amy, Cale and the little one they have on the way.

4 members like this post: IndyBound, Kansasdirtfan, team3521
5/4/11, 2:19 AM   #26
hoosierdaddy

What a messed up deal. I like both of these drivers. I don't believe a driver switch changes anything performance wise. Huffman's should just use a standard 4 or 5 bar car (ya know, like the ones that win all the races)!!!!

2 members like this post: burris7555, team3521
5/4/11, 7:39 AM   #27
sfloyd

lets see how many cars he will tear up! i bet it will be more then jerry every did they will go broke! good luck jerry coons jr you will find a better ride

3 members like this post: fish, team3521
5/4/11, 8:59 AM   #28
Shawn

I'm a fan of both of these drivers, but I'm still kind of shocked by this move.

I realize the results haven't shown with Hoffman Racing lately, so I agree that something needed done. However, I'm leaning towards the idea that I'd wished they would have tried different things mechanically. It appears to me that the days of the Twister-style of cars winning are becoming less and less. This goes for Chalk, F5, Twister, GRP, etc. I know a few of those companies make other styles, too. Also, I know that Hoffman Racing tried a new Maxim out last year, but I guess that didn't work out. I was hoping they would have a Maxim, Spike or DRC to tackle the 2011 season, but that wasn't the case, instead going with Chalk. I do feel that Coondog can still get it done on any given night. With all of this being said, it's easy for me to sit here and throw out my thoughts without having my money on the line. I understand that there was a lot that went into making this tough decision and I don't envy them at all.

I respect the Hoffman's, Jerry and Daron, so I wish them all the best in 2011 and beyond.

5/4/11, 9:02 AM   #29
short track scott

Wow.

Friday night at the Gas City show the people I was sitting with were lamenting to plight of the Hoffman car. The memory of note was MDC in the Hoffman car there at Gas City in '07. Pure MDC.

Changing the nut behind the wheel doesn't always fix everything. Coondog has a TON of respect around these parts. He'll land a deal somewhere in short order. I think the Hoffman guys will get in back on track too. I sure do hate this part of the game though...

Best of luck to everyone going forward!

5/4/11, 9:53 AM   #30
finishline

Best of luck MDC. There is a lot of pretty paint where your going!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoffman Racing pres release-driver change