IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
CT DIRT
  #11 6/12/08 9:17 PM
Yes, Big"D" was quite dusty for the USAC show. We were there. We were also there in '05 for a PA Speedweek winged sprint car show and the place could only be described as a dump. We did not return to the place until last year for the USAC sprints and were pleasantly surprised at the changes the new management group implemented. The place now looks like a race facility. Now if the dust problem can be corrected it would be that much better. Still produces some great racing for the sprints and midgets.
Pine (Offline)
  #12 6/16/08 5:50 PM
Ascots, best track packers were the midgets! Man what a track record breaker night that was!:applaud: I hope they use the midgets next year! Just an idea!!!:applaud:

Joe[/QUOTE]

Key word in that Quote is "WERE". How was the race at Ascot this past weekend, Joe??????????
I'd rather see dust than a MALL. Dust can be fixed, a MALL is, Welp, just sort of there.

Guess what Joe, I went to Eldora this weekend and Big Diamond broke out, imagine that, dust at a dirt track. Here's an idea, some of you should go to a race and focus on the positive's for ONCE instead of the negative's. Hell, don't even focus, just TRY to have a good time. Whine on Brother's, Whine on.......:thumbsdown:
Gasman fan 50 (Offline)
  #13 6/16/08 6:43 PM
Originally Posted by Pine:
Ascots, best track packers were the midgets! Man what a track record breaker night that was!:applaud: I hope they use the midgets next year! Just an idea!!!:applaud:

Joe
Key word in that Quote is "WERE". How was the race at Ascot this past weekend, Joe??????????
I'd rather see dust than a MALL. Dust can be fixed, a MALL is, Welp, just sort of there.

Guess what Joe, I went to Eldora this weekend and Big Diamond broke out, imagine that, dust at a dirt track. Here's an idea, some of you should go to a race and focus on the positive's for ONCE instead of the negative's. Hell, don't even focus, just TRY to have a good time. Whine on Brother's, Whine on.......:thumbsdown:[/QUOTE]

Your close, Ascot not even a mall, a fenced parking impound yard. It would have been better if that Mall was put there. Baylands one of dirtiest tracks ever, could be where Oakland A's might play Base Ball, sometime in 5 years. San Jose track empty nothing there on the Fair Grounds. How many years is that one closed.

Pack a track with water trucks thats Bull! Pave it then. That is what those water trucks did anyway. At least no one had to scrape off any dirt.:moon: Listed as clay track.: Real clean bathrooms though.

Ascot still has something to do with cars! What a wast!
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...18797&t=h&z=16
c47 (Offline)
  #14 6/16/08 10:13 PM
"At least no one had to scrape off any dirt"
we did :doh:

although diamonds track conditions were not perfect, they were 1000% better than last years usac show. the track was wider and the dust was less.
its a modified track that runs sprints and midgets from time to time.
maybe usac should send someone out to the track early and work with the track crew to insure a surface that the midwesterners dont ***** and whine about.
and...with it being sunny, breezy and warm all day with no shade anywhere around the track, that makes it even tougher.
maybe next year they will bring in the legends cars to pack the track......
Gregg Obst
  #15 6/16/08 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by c47:
"although diamonds track conditions were not perfect, they were 1000% better than last years usac show. the track was wider and the dust was less.
Amen to that Chris. From the infield perspective the dust was much improved over last year. At least we could shoot this year and I'm very grateful to Big Diamond track prep personnel for that :thumb

Could it have been better, you bet. Will it be better next year ? Most certainly. Will the racing still be intense as it has been, I'm sure of it. Can't wait for the return trip in 2008.