IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #1 5/17/22 3:55 PM
Tanner Swanson taking over the Aaron Pierce ride for the 74th running of the Little 500. That’s a fast car and he is a fast dude. Another gunslinger throws his hat in. Looking forward to it. The Little 500 is amazing and I can’t wait!!
7 Likes: Adolph, BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy, interpreter66, jdull99, oppweld, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #2 5/17/22 5:08 PM
Pretty solid field. 40 cars entered is the most in a while. Good quality too
8 Likes: Adolph, Grocery Guy, interpreter66, jdull99, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner
north star (Offline)
  #3 5/18/22 3:47 PM
where do you guys recommend sitting for this race?
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
PIT CART (Offline)
  #4 5/18/22 5:18 PM
Really not a bad seat in the house. If you can get on the front stretch up high, but that might be kinda hard this close to race day. After the half way point some people start leaving so you basically sit about anywhere from that point. I personally start out in turn 1🏁
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, racer-x, tirespinner
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #5 5/18/22 6:01 PM
Like Pit Cart said there isn’t a bad seat anywhere really. Go for the highest available or an aisle and just enjoy the spectacle. The action is fast and furious and skmething I believe every sprint car fan should see at least once in there life. I am sitting in the middle of turns one and two. I hope you snag a ticket and experience it for yourself.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, jdull99, mc/rider, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #6 5/19/22 9:41 PM
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp:
Like Pit Cart said there isn’t a bad seat anywhere really. Go for the highest available or an aisle and just enjoy the spectacle. The action is fast and furious and skmething I believe every sprint car fan should see at least once in there life. I am sitting in the middle of turns one and two. I hope you snag a ticket and experience it for yourself.
I try to avoid 3-4 because of the setting sun. I have been setting in 1-2 for the last 35 years or so minus the year the NASCAR crowed showed up. And was stuck in 3-4, and hated it. I always swing by Harbor Freight, and pick up some safety glasses. I recommend moving around a little, once things start. Watching the start in 1 and 2 is worth the admission price.
The turn one mens bathroom is the neatest bathroom in racing.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, PAW, PIT CART, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Online)
  #7 5/20/22 12:37 AM
What do you mean by the year the NASCAR crowd showed up?
2 Likes: jdull99, tirespinner
jdull99 (Offline)
  #8 5/20/22 2:47 AM
Tony ran not long ago. Wasn't sure if he still pulled in those type of fans then?

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #9 5/20/22 5:52 AM
Smoke ran the Little 500 in 2017 and the place was a zoo. He created quite the buzz!!
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #10 5/20/22 7:33 AM
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp:
Smoke ran the Little 500 in 2017 and the place was a zoo. He created quite the buzz!!
Wish I could go, Not a matter of not getting tickets, Family member needs help and Im doing right thing.

Smoke I think ran 2017 for Hoffman. Qualified about 18th Hung out about eight for half the race then came on gangbusters to grab third

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Adolph, Bostonian, jdull99