IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Terre haute sprints rained out-reset for september 18
8/29/14, 9:20 PM   #1
Usac: Terre haute sprints rained out-reset for september 18
admin

8/29/14 9:11 PM TERRE HAUTE SPRINTS RAINED OUT - RESET FOR SEPTEMBER 18

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...r-september-18

TERRE HAUTE SPRINTS RAINED OUT - RESET FOR SEPTEMBER 18

Terre Haute, IN........Friday night's "Jim Hurtubise Classic" AMSOIL USAC National Sprint Car race at the Terre Haute Action Track was rained out and has been rescheduled for Thursday night, September 18.

8/29/14, 11:44 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Terre haute sprints rained out-reset for september
race0

man that bites, I was hoping it would be rescheduled on a Friday or Saturday night. cant make it to the weeknight shows. oh well, still going to the mile on sunday... best of luck to all the drivers

8/30/14, 10:29 AM   #3
ThePurple73

The Action Track offers the best dirt racing in Indiana in my book. I would love to see a Saturday night show. I hope they consider it in the future.

8/30/14, 1:54 PM   #4
sp6967

if people like terre haute as much they say racing on a week night wouldn't be a problem.

2 members like this post: monkeyboy, ronmil
8/30/14, 2:01 PM   #5
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

The season is rapidly drawing to a close and the 4 Crown Nationals is scheduled for Sept. 19 & 20 with the USAC portion running on the 20th. Many fans attend both nights (me for the first time; usually only do the USAC), and Terre Haute probably wanted to avoid scheduling against Eldora, so that was probably the most logical date.

8/30/14, 3:08 PM   #6
yeleyfan76

Why you the 4-crown weekend even be considered? They run at Haubstadt on Saturday the 13th. Run Terre Haute on Friday and everyone can go right down 41 for Saturday. October doesn't seem to have a lot of conflict either. They sit for a month after Lawrenceburg.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
8/30/14, 8:36 PM   #7
yeleyfan76

Mr. Illinifan I take offense to you calling me an idiot. Number one I live nowhere near Terre Haute, 11 hours away to be specific. I simply stated that I thought a FRIDAY nite make up the nite before a show at Haubstadt a track located on the same road makes more sense than a Thursday two nites before Eldora. While I did not ask for your long sob story, I hope as a father you are not teaching your 3 yr old to call everyone an idiot who disagrees with him. I won't state what I consider you to be on this board either. Take a chill!

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
8/30/14, 9:17 PM   #8
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Mr. Illinifan I take offense to you calling me an idiot. Number one I live nowhere near Terre Haute, 11 hours away to be specific. I simply stated that I thought a FRIDAY nite make up the nite before a show at Haubstadt a track located on the same road makes more sense than a Thursday two nites before Eldora. While I did not ask for your long sob story, I hope as a father you are not teaching your 3 yr old to call everyone an idiot who disagrees with him. I won't state what I consider you to be on this board either. Take a chill!
Yeleyfan, sorry this happened... usually this board is a pretty stand up place where members can share their opinions/thoughts without giving in to name calling

8/30/14, 9:24 PM   #9
illinisprintfan

No matter what day they rescheduled, there would have been a conflict or inconvenience for some people. I am just glad they rescheduled the race.

3 members like this post: dustbowl, opnwhlmnd, PAW
8/30/14, 9:34 PM   #10
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Why you the 4-crown weekend even be considered? They run at Haubstadt on Saturday the 13th. Run Terre Haute on Friday and everyone can go right down 41 for Saturday. October doesn't seem to have a lot of conflict either. They sit for a month after Lawrenceburg.
That would have been a much better choice than Sept. 18th for me personally.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Terre haute sprints rained out-reset for september 18