IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Perfect Night on IOW
9/1/14, 1:47 AM   #1
The Perfect Night on IOW
Jerry Shaw

So here I am at Haubstadt, watching another great night of racing, at one of my favorite tracks. All the while, I'm on IOW with my IPhone glued to Jen's updates from DuQuoin and Austin's play by play of the Vince Osman Memorial at Kokomo. Those are the best kind of updates. Ones from fans, who are there, in the moment and that can barely contain their excitement. I could only be present at one race tonight, but I got to experience three. And several people sitting around us were leaning in to hear us talking about the updates as they were coming in. So the IOW effect indirectly effects others, too.

This is one of the best things about IOW and is exactly one of the things Bill created it to do.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/1/14 at 2:32 AM.

9/1/14, 9:54 AM   #2
Re: The Perfect Night on IOW
miledirt

Agreed Jerry, very cool... you going to Gold Crown this year?

9/1/14, 10:01 AM   #3
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Watching any driver get their first win is always exciting. We have been following Shane for some time now and he and his team are the nicest, most hard working people. So awesome to see their hard work and perseverence pay off.

I looked back and counted my "Oh my's" and the number of !!!! I used. I was definitely excited to be there and witness one of the most exciting silver crown races I've ever seen.

I always appreciate when others provide updates so I'm happy to do it when I can. Today we go back to the Magic Mile to see if Shane can do the double.

9/1/14, 11:24 AM   #4
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Watching any driver get their first win is always exciting. We have been following Shane for some time now and he and his team are the nicest, most hard working people. So awesome to see their hard work and perseverence pay off.

I looked back and counted my "Oh my's" and the number of !!!! I used. I was definitely excited to be there and witness one of the most exciting silver crown races I've ever seen.

I always appreciate when others provide updates so I'm happy to do it when I can. Today we go back to the Magic Mile to see if Shane can do the double.
A lot of people appreciate what you do Jen, with your field updates. You've become one of the best live from the track sources of information we have here.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/1/14, 4:50 PM   #5
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Agreed Jerry, very cool... you going to Gold Crown this year?
I'm on the fence about that right now, Darren. The last several years I've went to the Gold Crown but this year I kind of favor the group of drivers that have full time sprint rides a bit over the midgets, which has been dominated to a certain degree by one team. So, the $4000 to win Harvest Cup @ Haubstadt is definitely under consideration. I haven't made up my mind though.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Perfect Night on IOW