IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
midget96 (Offline)
  #1 12/25/14 10:14 AM
mowerman (Offline)
  #2 12/25/14 12:26 PM
Just what they need another group to collect membership fees from . They can't promote Sprints , Midgets or Silver Crown .
29 Likes: 7xCoop, addictedtodirt, AustinSprinter, bighd0522, bigq11, bobO, bowbuild, Charles Nungester, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, dkdorkboy, hairracer44, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, MEAT, mlamb, nathans1012, ossuks, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, rockstar5, ronmil, speed bump, Speedwrench, turn4rob, WinglessFAN
turn4rob (Offline)
  #3 12/25/14 2:17 PM
AMEN,Bob
sp6967 (Offline)
  #4 12/25/14 4:16 PM
Originally Posted by mowerman:
Just what they need another group to collect membership fees from . They can't promote Sprints , Midgets or Silver Crown .
usac is a sanctioning body. The race track is suppose to promote the race.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
4 Likes: FishBurger, Kellen Conover, mscs20, Seadog
on_the_edge (Offline)
  #5 12/25/14 9:22 PM
I'm sure this has something to do with Amsoil, as they are big into snowmobile racing.

"It's the fastest who get paid, and the fastest who get laid".
KMS2683 (Offline)
  #6 12/25/14 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by sp6967:
usac is a sanctioning body. The race track is suppose to promote the race.
Really???? I dont disagree a track needs to promote races. To say a sanctioning body is not to be a promoter is a very interesting view. Why would a sanctioning body not want to have large car counts and large crowds. They depend on these two things as much as a track. Low car count equals small crowds which make a track not likely to want to pay a sanctioned race. Less sanctioned races eventually leads to sanction folding. If there ever was a entity that needs to promote, its a sanctioning body.
5 Likes: DAD, mc/rider, mowerman, rockstar5, Speedwrench
DAD (Offline)
  #7 12/26/14 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by KMS2683:
Really???? I dont disagree a track needs to promote races. To say a sanctioning body is not to be a promoter is a very interesting view. Why would a sanctioning body not want to have large car counts and large crowds. They depend on these two things as much as a track. Low car count equals small crowds which make a track not likely to want to pay a sanctioned race. Less sanctioned races eventually leads to sanction folding. If there ever was a entity that needs to promote, its a sanctioning body.
Did anybody read the part about "Participant's INSURANCE"??

That is a pretty good deal and say what you like about USAC, it does a pretty good job in that department.

Honest Dad himself
6 Likes: fish, FishBurger, jim goerge, JordanBlanton, Kellen Conover, KMS2683
ronmil (Offline)
  #8 12/26/14 2:43 PM
They should stage a large snowmobile race in the dead of winter in, let's say Hayward, WI, and call it "The Chilly Bowl"!

Ron Miller
7 Likes: DAD, FishBurger, jim goerge, Kellen Conover, Robbie, Scott Daloisio, Tim Watson
DAD (Offline)
  #9 12/26/14 3:40 PM
Ron

I have been to Tulsa when it was so cold all they would have to do is open the doors and have an indoor Snowmobile race.

Honest Dad himself
2 Likes: jim goerge, ronmil
rockstar5 (Offline)
  #10 12/26/14 7:45 PM
It's time for change in usac and I mean management ITS TIME! !!!!!!
4 Likes: bobO, mowerman, Sprints fan 11, usac99