IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FloSports and NASCAR joining forces.
12/3/21, 1:26 PM   #11
Re: FloSports and NASCAR joining forces.
chrismattlin

NASCAR is not, in any shape or form, competing with USAC. That's just silly. It's like saying that USAC is gonna buy the World Karting Association to stifle competition.

12/3/21, 1:42 PM   #12
chrismattlin

NASCAR competes with the PGA, the NFL, MLB, and if there is competition with wheels, IndyCar.

Do you really believe that NASCAR is so worried about 20,000 viewers breaking away from a viewership out of a couple million to switch to the USAC race on Flo? You guys sure do believe our beloved USAC holds some serious sway, that's for sure; but I love you for it!

12/3/21, 2:21 PM   #13
PJ Wright

Chris, NASCAR has a well deserved reputation for caring about one thing and and one thing only: NASCAR. I believe what they say exactly 0% of the time. On my personal rating chart of despicable companies NASCAR is tied with Walmart.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

12/3/21, 3:21 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't think Flo Sports agreeing to carry coverage of some nascar divisions will have any effect on anything else.

4 members like this post: billw, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, opnwhlmnd
12/3/21, 10:05 PM   #15
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Chris, NASCAR has a well deserved reputation for caring about one thing and and one thing only: NASCAR. I believe what they say exactly 0% of the time. On my personal rating chart of despicable companies NASCAR is tied with Walmart.
I agree with you 100%, PJ. I'm sure that's why everyone is overreacting to this news.

12/4/21, 10:57 AM   #16
TQ29m

I agree with you, PJ, I have been to one NASCAR race, at the old fairgrounds in Nashville, but have not been in a WalWart store, when people want quality in a product, they go elsewhere, where service is available, and quality is the rule. I have a lot of customers related to Nascar, and Indy racing, and one of my helpers in the Karting business, went on to Nascar as a crew chief, and a lot of local guys followed as fabricators and truck drivers, so it wasn't all bad, but WM, different tale.

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, tirespinner
12/4/21, 3:01 PM   #17
ISF

I am fully cognizant of the fact that my analogy is apples to ground hogs in regards to relativity. But, when one looks at NASCAR's involvement in the Gold Crown misadventure and more recently what has happened to ARCA since the fine folks in Daytona purchased that sanction anyone with an average or better IQ would be just a lil' bit wary of what possibilities NASCAR involvement will have on most anything they get their tentacles into.

Not sayin', just sayin'.

12/4/21, 8:04 PM   #18
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Best thing about this deal is the Whelen modified series. Was always the best race of the fall Bristol week when I use to go. When they run at New Hampshire it’s always good. The way the can draft there is amazing. You don’t want to be leading with 1 to go!

4 members like this post: billw, chrismattlin, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
12/4/21, 8:43 PM   #19
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Best thing about this deal is the Whelen modified series. Was always the best race of the fall Bristol week when I use to go. When they run at New Hampshire it’s always good. The way the can draft there is amazing. You don’t want to be leading with 1 to go!
I started this NASCAR downer escapade and I still think it will play out for the worse. But I have to agree with you 100% here Chief. Watching the mods will be awesome. Everything else NASCAR might bring to the table on Flo can be tossed in the trash as far as I am concerned.

We'll be at New Smyrna for the season opener in February.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner
12/6/21, 12:23 PM   #20
dsc1600

Flo actually has like $40m of investor money which allows them to make investments into series, put up big purses (unfortunately more so for the LMs so far) etc... It's not like NASCAR getting in with the old SpeedShift or something of that nature. Flo is a partner rather than some stepchild here.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FloSports and NASCAR joining forces.