IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gateway
11/29/21, 12:08 AM   #1
Gateway
IndianaSprintFan

Is there a midget entry list anywhere. I’ve found the LM and Mod list but it didn’t mention midgets

2 members like this post: nathans1012, tirespinner
11/29/21, 7:25 PM   #2
bmemmer

I'm starting to wonder if they are going to pull the midgets from the program. We are 3 days away and no list to be found any where. THESE ARE JUST RUMORS. I read in a couple places that they have only had 12 invites returned. It's not my invite and I give Cody and his crew all the credit in the world to try to bring the midgets into the event but maybe get some insight from somebody that is familiar with the open wheel world. They invited people who hasn't been in a car for a few years or ever. With Usac just finishing up their west coast swing some of them teams may just want to rest. Hope everyone enjoys the show as this is a great atmosphere no matter what is running. Have a great and safe weekend!

2 members like this post: bighd0522, tirespinner
12/2/21, 11:33 PM   #3
IndianaSprintFan

I don’t understand why guys aren’t racing St. Louis. Track seems good and good money up for grabs. Just seems odd no one is there. Only 22 cars I think they said

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/3/21, 9:34 AM   #4
badcoupe

I think a lot em are spent from the west coast run and chili bowl upcoming. I’m disappointed too but gotta figure everyone’s ready for a break. I was surprised windom was only boat car in attendance.

12/3/21, 10:48 AM   #5
Re: Gateway
Joekocjan

Joe from RMS Racing here, we had every intention to run the dome with Thomas and Justin but we used up some equipment out west and after being on the road for three weeks we decided to just call it. Everyone on this team with the exception of one, also has full time jobs. So that makes it tough as well. With the USAC season starting 2 weeks after the Chili bowl we really needed to focus on our Tulsa cars and get ready for next season as well. Gateway kinda just fell on a bad weekend for us.

12/3/21, 11:25 AM   #6
cl124

So based on the poor attendance to this event i'm curious as to what we can expect to see in Duquoin in a couple of weeks. Anybody seen a potential entry list for it?

12/3/21, 3:26 PM   #7
racenut69

USAC is involved at DuQuion,unlike Gateway...We should have the same cars as usual...JMO...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl124 View Post
So based on the poor attendance to this event i'm curious as to what we can expect to see in Duquoin in a couple of weeks. Anybody seen a potential entry list for it?

2 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
12/3/21, 4:31 PM   #8
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekocjan View Post
Joe from RMS Racing here, we had every intention to run the dome with Thomas and Justin but we used up some equipment out west and after being on the road for three weeks we decided to just call it. Everyone on this team with the exception of one, also has full time jobs. So that makes it tough as well. With the USAC season starting 2 weeks after the Chili bowl we really needed to focus on our Tulsa cars and get ready for next season as well. Gateway kinda just fell on a bad weekend for us.
So Joe, does this mean that you'll pass on DuQuoin as well?

12/3/21, 4:40 PM   #9
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekocjan View Post
...but we used up some equipment out west...

I like that phrasing. It's diplomatic, but honest. I'm gonna try that with the boss the next time we find ourselves in a similar situation.

Is Thomas's Chili Bowl chassis the same one he's been in for the last couple of years? I really liked the frame "maintenance" that was done on that one. Craftsmanship. Was that Jimbo's handiwork?

12/3/21, 7:44 PM   #10
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
USAC is involved at DuQuion,unlike Gateway...We should have the same cars as usual...JMO...
Unfortunately, I don't think that this logic is valid. The race at DuQuion is a Special Events race and not a points race. Teams may attend this better because it is a USAC race versus an outlaw race. They may also attend it because it is the Jason Leffer Memorial and it does pay well to win. $8k. However, I would not be surprised if some of the teams decide to start the holidays early and sit this one out.
Last edited by Jonr; 12/3/21 at 7:44 PM. Reason: grammar

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gateway