IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble In Fort Wayne "Best Appearing" Midget Award Announced
11/25/21, 12:06 AM   #1
Rumble In Fort Wayne "Best Appearing" Midget Award Announced
BobKoorsen

BEST APPEARING RUMBLE MIDGET TO RECEIVE $250
Lynn Cook a.k.a. ‘A Racer’s Friend’ Puts Up Special Award Through Charity Component

With the clock ticking towards the start of this year’s 23rd running of the Jason Dietsch Trailer Sales sponsored Rumble in Fort Wayne on December 17 and 18, race teams are burning the midnight oil in their garages in final preparations. And now, the competitors within the Midget division have an extra incentive to put extra care into their presentation, a $250 incentive.

Lynn Cook, a long-time supporter of open wheel racing throughout Ohio and neighboring states is known as ‘A Racer’s Friend’ and has stepped forward to offer a $250 cash bonus to the Rumble’s Best Appearing Midget as voted upon by the fans in attendance at this year’s event.

Not only will one of the participating Midget teams benefit from this generosity, but so will programs within Fort Wayne’s Community Harvest Food Bank system. With each vote, race fans will be asked to submit a donation to assist the Community Harvest Food Bank in their efforts to alleviate hunger in the Fort Wayne area.

“My dad, Russ, loved racing, especially the Midgets and he was a strong supporter of food banks and food kitchens throughout the Sidney, OH area where I grew up,” stated Lynn. “And I am proud to carry on this tradition in his memory.”

“Dad is most known around the racing circles as shouting ‘let’s go’ to remind promoters to keep the show moving, and I know that the Rumble in Fort Wayne is also a strict believer in that philosophy, so here is my challenge to the Rumble race fans……let’s go and support the teams and the local food bank.”

Votes and donations will be collected starting with Thursday’s (Dec. 16) optional practice session and continue during Friday and Saturday’s (Dec. 17/18) race programs. The winner of the ‘A Racer’s Friend Best Appearing Midget Award’ will be announced prior to Saturday’s Midget A-Main.

Tickets for the Rumble In Fort Wayne are available through Ticketmaster ot the Allen County War Memorial Box Office.
More information at: https://www.rumbleinfortwayne.com
Entry Forms & Rules: https://www.rumbleinfortwayne.com/entry-forms
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rumbleinfortwayne

2 members like this post: 95KART, EBookerFan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rumble In Fort Wayne "Best Appearing" Midget Award Announced