IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #31 12/6/16 9:06 PM
All stars are $1000 for tenth and outlaws between 1600 and 2000.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #32 12/6/16 9:18 PM
I'm not bashing Usac, or non-winged drivers. Just stating facts.

Basic WoO purse that covers 80% of the races: $47,800

All Star purse: $24,700

Usac: $21k (not sure the exact amount but it's close)
deadhorse30 (Offline)
  #33 12/6/16 9:23 PM
Here's a list of most the major winged payouts.

http://www.computermaninc.net/410Purse.htm

USAC sprint payout.

http://usacracing.com/members/events...nt-entry-blank

The biggest difference between ASCOC and USAC is 3rd thru 10th, with the All Stars paying better. WoO is by far the best paying gig in Sprint car racing.
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #34 12/6/16 9:55 PM
Josh Richards won this year's WoO late model championship and then announced that he was switching teams and going to run the Lucas tour next year (whose championship pays less). Maybe sometimes it's not just about the money. Whatever the reasons, I wish Brady, Chad and the Hoffmans all the best.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, PIT CART, wallbanger II
Jonr (Offline)
  #35 12/6/16 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
I'm not bashing Usac, or non-winged drivers. Just stating facts.

Basic WoO purse that covers 80% of the races: $47,800

All Star purse: $24,700

Usac: $21k (not sure the exact amount but it's close)
OK. What is the average ticket cost per event? This is where having a strong weekly program in Indiana hurts USAC. Could they ever charge the same amount as the WOO?
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, PIT CART
deadhorse30 (Offline)
  #36 12/7/16 8:55 AM
All Stars and USAC have comparable ticket prices. Being that they are both regional series that makes sense. WoO tickets are about $35. The difference is WoO is the only true national series in sprint cars. They race everywhere in the country, and have the biggest teams.
Nate (Offline)
  #37 12/7/16 9:30 AM
Originally Posted by PJ Wright:
Josh Richards won this year's WoO late model championship and then announced that he was switching teams and going to run the Lucas tour next year (whose championship pays less). Maybe sometimes it's not just about the money.
WoO Late Models runs under UMP rules and if you keep up with late models there's a reason so many drivers have defected from WoO to the LOLMS. Same reason drivers weren't allowed to run any UMP sanctioned races the back half of 2016 and why a lawsuit was filed earlier this year.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #38 12/7/16 1:29 PM
It is great to see Brady will at least back for some of the USAC schedule next year. And in a car and with a team (Dooling 63 of BC fame) that have been proven winners.

http://www.bradybaconracing.com/news/?i=43261

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, Jbaldwin, mc/rider, miller51b, PIT CART
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #39 12/7/16 5:45 PM
I would still like to see the purse structures side by side to see how they compare. Could even through in BOSS, MSCS, and MOWA. I would alsp like to see POWRi and USAC midgets.
rpedersen20 (Offline)
  #40 12/7/16 6:54 PM
I only did this because you asked FUNKSTER! These purses are the most accurate I can find as of 2015. Please note these are not perfect and I wouldn't go to the payout window requesting what I put here but, I'm close. Also WOO has two different purses depending on day of week and BOSS purse includes heat race money paid out. Had to add as attachment because of formatting. If you can't get it to work let me know Funk or anyone over PM and I could email you a excel file. Enjoy!

After many of his wins Stanbrough’s fans can be heard chanting “King of Indiana.” - quote from onedirt.com