IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Final hoosier hundred at the indy mile to be held may
4/2/19, 2:20 PM   #11
Re: Usac: Final hoosier hundred at the indy mile to be held
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

On the other side, WoO and USAC sprints no longer run the mile, Even the AMA took off a year or two. So one or two events per year sans weather is iffy for motorsports.

Wasn't the Hoosier Hundred formerly in Sept. I remember drivers flying in after completing the HH to Burg for the Hoosier Fall Classic.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
4/2/19, 2:45 PM   #12
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Who could imagine that horses would displace a car race?
They can run a lot more horse races than people wana race cars on miles...it sucks (for lack of a better word), but hopefully everyone that can, supports all the other Silver Crown races, that they reasonably can. Maybe some date could be picked up at some interesting place someday?...time will tell...Silver Crown style racing has survived about EVERYTHING thrown at it, so I'm hopeful this will ends up not being that big of a deal...I know I will try getting to Madison, WI & Springfield again this year (they the closest too me....)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4/2/19, 3:42 PM   #13
2140rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Might as well get rid of IMS while they're at it. ....
Electric cars might do just that in another generation or so. The long term outlook isn't good for any type of traditional auto racing. Even mighty NASCAR is slipping.

4/2/19, 3:48 PM   #14
ThrowbackRacingTeam

The day that Springfield comes to an end is the day that I never attend another auto race. This is sickening. F-U Indiana State Fair board.

4 members like this post: LB, oppweld, Speedwrench, superstock30
4/2/19, 4:01 PM   #15
DonMoore10

Where is Tony George in all this?

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, superstock30
4/2/19, 4:21 PM   #16
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
On the other side, WoO and USAC sprints no longer run the mile, Even the AMA took off a year or two. So one or two events per year sans weather is iffy for motorsports.

Wasn't the Hoosier Hundred formerly in Sept. I remember drivers flying in after completing the HH to Burg for the Hoosier Fall Classic.
That was the Hulman Hundred I think. Back then they had 2 races there. For several years it was in the afternoon and the Speedrome ran their 500 lap midget race that night. Saw Vogler complete every lap in both races one year.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: btg1963, Charles Nungester, jdull99
4/2/19, 4:38 PM   #17
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
That was the Hulman Hundred I think. Back then they had 2 races there. For several years it was in the afternoon and the Speedrome ran their 500 lap midget race that night. Saw Vogler complete every lap in both races one year.
It mentions this in the press release...

4/2/19, 4:43 PM   #18
BrentTFunk

Very sad, but Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming. I went in the restroom in the infield last year, and it was embarrassing the condition of the building. Investment on the front stretch has been nothing for decades, yet along the backstretch there have been new tunnels, and many other improvements. Had to be millions of dollars. Speaking of millions of dollars, this is not going to be cheap, and if you pay taxes in Indiana, I am sure you will pay the bill. Sad thing is very few people will benefit from this. The horse races at the fair don't draw very many people. I bet the grandstand will come down next. This is all about providing a cheap training facility at taxpayer's expense.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 4/2/19 at 4:50 PM.

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, monkeyboy, Speedwrench, Steve Wendel, Vookie
4/2/19, 5:19 PM   #19
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Oh no, maybe it’s part of the green new deal. This is how they start.
Don’t think it has any thing to do with any kind of deal; the horse people simply had the clout to get what they want.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld, Ronnie33, Will Shunk
4/2/19, 5:21 PM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

It's not even a horse racing facility. it's a training center funded by taxpayers.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Final hoosier hundred at the indy mile to be held may