IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Stampede at Haubstadt
7/11/20, 1:04 AM   #1
Sprint Stampede at Haubstadt
jim goerge

I was told eralier today that the Sprint Stampede at TSS has been cancelled. Anybody else hear of this? I heard its because of the heat and covid19. It wasn"t to cool there last Sunday , and the Stampede is a week away, a lot of things could happen with the weather, and we all know to wear mask and know how to social distance, so what am I missing ,but this race? I really am bummed out.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
7/11/20, 1:26 AM   #2
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

http://mscssprints.com

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
7/11/20, 9:20 AM   #3
Re: Sprint Stampede at Haubstadt
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I was told eralier today that the Sprint Stampede at TSS has been cancelled. Anybody else hear of this? I heard its because of the heat and covid19. It wasn"t to cool there last Sunday , and the Stampede is a week away, a lot of things could happen with the weather, and we all know to wear mask and know how to social distance, so what am I missing ,but this race? I really am bummed out.

"we all know to wear mask and know how to social distance"

Have you observed these behaviors at TSS?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/11/20, 10:39 AM   #4
SoIllSprinter

I saw one (1) person masked up last Saturday. I purposely sat on the front stretch because it generally would be easier to socially distance on that side. My guess, and I don’t personally know Mr. and Mrs. Helfrich, is that they didn’t want the responsibility of possibly being the center of an outbreak. In our litigious society a business being open and patrons not observing safety protocols could lead to civil litigation.

1 member likes this post: Al Pierce
7/11/20, 12:26 PM   #5
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
This is taken directly from the release on Tri-State SPeedway's Facebook page.

"As most of you would agree, this year has been like no other in our lifetime. Keeping that in mind, after much thought and deliberation we have decided to cancel our July 18th race, the Sprint Stampede. A combination of Covid 19 restrictions and fears plus excessive heat while trying to stay within our guidelines, have led us to this decision. We feel it is in everyone's best interest to take a few weeks off. We look forward to the USAC Indiana Sprint Week race here on August 1st. Thank you for your continued support and understanding."

IF, and I recognize it is a huge IF given the forecast accuracy of local weather forecasters, the heat this coming week is going be at the dangerous levels. Regardless of their reasons, I think the decision is prudent and I support them.

7/12/20, 12:40 AM   #6
sw1911

I don't see any reason to believe "things" will be any different two weeks later.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Stampede at Haubstadt