IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett
5/27/10, 6:32 PM   #151
Re: R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett
sprint28wife

So very sad to hear, the racing community has lost one of the greats. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Hockett family and all of Jesse's friends and fans.

5/27/10, 8:10 PM   #152
pletchfan

Wow is all I can say right now. I was so shocked when I logged on this evening and seen this. We will definitely be praying for Tina and the whole family. Sad, sad.

5/27/10, 8:53 PM   #153
Jerry Spencer

We are still in shock and feeling pretty empty right now, words can not express the pain we feel for the loved ones Jesse left behind. Just be sure to tell the ones close to you how you feel as I am sure Jesse knew the love his family and friends held in there heart for him.
I will ask one favor from Jesse and that is to watch over Josh and the rest of the racing family.

Until we meet again.

Jerry,Sarah,Paul,Josh & Sonny Spencer
stida.com

1 member likes this post: speed bump
5/27/10, 9:19 PM   #154
newman1957

Thoughts and Prayers to Jesse's family and friends from AWC Motorsports. Jesse was a joy to watch. Definately a one man show.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/28/10, 3:21 PM   #155
petey

As several have already said he was a true racer. Can't think of anyone who had more dedication to the sport. It was nothing for him to travel several hundred miles between race nights. I now only wish that I had spoken to him more than what I did and had a picture with or an autograph from him. RIP Jesse, you'll be a champion forever!

5/28/10, 5:38 PM   #156
Tbird4vkcc
Inactive Member

Jesse,
I just keep on thinking that you're gonna walk around the corner or pop-up on a race result....love ya

Tbird

5/28/10, 8:27 PM   #157
IndyBound

Speechless....I am in a state of disbelief, the past several weeks I have been out of touch with the racing world and IOW dealing with my 27 month old grandsons surgery and recovery process. I was shocked to learn of Jesse's passing from such a tragic accident. I Miss Manzy mentioned Jesse winning all three nights at the 2008 Western Worlds, I also was there that year watching Jesse rule the weekend. He was a true racer and will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with Jesse's family, freinds, fans and race crew.

RIP Jesse

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 5/28/10 at 9:42 PM.

5/28/10, 9:22 PM   #158
BigD

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 39

Thoughts and Prayers to Jesse's Family what a Racer wing or Non-Wing going to be Missed for Sure.

5/29/10, 1:24 AM   #159
Tbird4vkcc
Inactive Member

just doing my best to keep jesse where he belongs....at the top. Want this thread to stay near the top for as long as possible, its just how i feel....

Tbird

5/29/10, 7:24 AM   #160
Gregg

There is an article in Wikipedia for Jesse Hockett. Most of it involves his fatal accident. His career highlights consists of a single sentence. It would be great if some of us with a wealth of knowledge on Jesse Hockett's career could help to fill out his racing highlights and personal biography a lot more indepth than it is now. He needs something worthy of the great racer he was. You don't need to be a wordsmith like Dave Argabright.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett