IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sprinter14 (Offline)
  #1 1/24/18 4:41 PM
From BOSS Facebook and Twitter:

As announced at the PRI show, BOSS will be branching out and sanctioning some special winged 410 Sprint Car events in 2018. Officially, these events will run under another name to be announced soon, but will be "presented by BOSS". The first confirmed dates are now coming in: Saturday, August 18th - Montpelier Motor Speedway in Montpelier, Indiana will pay $3,000 to win and $300 to start. Also, Friday and Saturday, September 14-15 at Fremont Speedway for the "Jim Ford Classic" co-sanctioned with the FAST series. More dates are currently being negotiated and will be announced in the coming days.

Rules will also be announced very soon - very likely to mirror the FAST series rules with some minor exceptions.

But - as everyone loves it about BOSS - NO MEMBERSHIP FEES!!
4 Likes: fish, Fox.53, motorhead748, Will Shunk
staggerman (Offline)
  #2 1/24/18 5:51 PM
Really should look into the SOD tires in Michigan. It has made a big difference between the big dollar and low dollar motors. Everyone has same RR and LR tire and compounds. Show up an buy 2 tires and you are good for 2-3 nights of racing on same tires. Car counts are up as guys are buying old -12 410's for $8-12,000 and are competitive along with 360's and even 305's.
2 Likes: fish, spicoli
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #3 1/25/18 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by sprinter14:
From BOSS Facebook and Twitter:

As announced at the PRI show, BOSS will be branching out and sanctioning some special winged 410 Sprint Car events in 2018. Officially, these events will run under another name to be announced soon, but will be "presented by BOSS". The first confirmed dates are now coming in: Saturday, August 18th - Montpelier Motor Speedway in Montpelier, Indiana will pay $3,000 to win and $300 to start. Also, Friday and Saturday, September 14-15 at Fremont Speedway for the "Jim Ford Classic" co-sanctioned with the FAST series. More dates are currently being negotiated and will be announced in the coming days.

Rules will also be announced very soon - very likely to mirror the FAST series rules with some minor exceptions.

But - as everyone loves it about BOSS - NO MEMBERSHIP FEES!!
Why 410 ONLY, when regular BOSS has no engine size rules???
sprinter14 (Offline)
  #4 1/25/18 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights:

The non wing and wing series are completely separate. In the non wing world, the lack of downforce is what "limits" the race cars. With wings, teams could spend into oblivion, so a completely open package in that realm would be asking to stretch teams thin and the competiton even thinner. So there will be more rules in the wing stuff to stay in line with FAST and other winged 410 organizations.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Fox.53, motorhead748
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #5 1/25/18 12:03 PM
Where does it say 410 only? I'm sure you'd be welcome if you showed up with a 283.... seriously echoing sprinter14's post. All the top tier winged groups are 410's and a new start up group wants to follow the norm, and in reality I doubt there are many wing cars running bigger than 410 so in the end it has little consequence.
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #6 1/25/18 6:52 PM
Originally Posted by motorhead748:
Where does it say 410 only?
In the title of the thread. I only asked because BOSS started out as non-wing, open motor series, not because I don't comprehend what a winged sprint car is or what is typical.
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #7 1/25/18 7:45 PM
In the title of the thread. I only asked because BOSS started out as non-wing, open motor series, not because I don't comprehend what a winged sprint car is or what is typical.
Chill...No where in the title do I see "only". There isn't enough sprint cars running over 410" for it to be an issue. It's essentially open the way sprint cars should be.
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #8 1/25/18 7:56 PM
Nothing wrong with Open Tire and cockpit adjustments. MOWA allows cockpit adjustments. They did in the past anyways.

If you are going to do the Winged Deal, stay Open just like the Non-Wing deal! You go into plenty of Hoosier only tracks and still have Open Tire!

You can spend into oblivion running Winged or Non-Wing! Winged racing, is harder on motors and components. Tires just depends on the race track, just like in the Non-Wing world. Stick to your guns with the Winged Deal, no reason to bow down to anyone.

Hope it goes well as an Open Series!
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #9 1/25/18 10:38 PM
I think I'll take my exit...