#3 10/22/17 3:33 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Beautiful day out.
Perfect weather all the way home.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 10/22/17 5:42 PM
I just checked Accuweather and it says rain starting in seven minutes, and the radar looks ominous. And here is Weatherunderground current radar:
https://www.wunderground.com/weather...yne-city/62895

Ron Miller
racefan20 (Offline)
  #5 10/22/17 5:53 PM
Yup looking pretty smart right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: jim goerge, tirespinner
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #6 10/22/17 6:10 PM
Imagine that, the weather forecast was right, three computer jockeys were wrong. Glad the promoter read the weather report.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, JordanBlanton, luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, racefan20, ronmil
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #7 10/23/17 9:19 AM
I was bummed when they cancelled. It was going to be my first time to go. Looks like they made the right call. Can you imagine the nightmare if it would have rained out after hot laps. Rescheduling would have been a nightmare. Then how do you do rainchecks? Think it was the right call.
11 Likes: Dirtfan, flagboy55, Indy1808, Jbaldwin, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Kydehart, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, ronmil, tirespinner
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #8 10/23/17 12:19 PM
Honest question.

Why do they schedule this big show in late October on a Sunday? Leaves very little wiggle room for weather.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #9 10/23/17 12:22 PM
I am only guessing. I think they pick an off night so people like Pittman can run, since Great Clips puts this on.
4 Likes: chathamracefan, jim goerge, jjones752, tirespinner
ISF (Offline)
  #10 10/23/17 2:13 PM
Just from a purely selfish point of view I much preferred that this race was run the Tuesday before Labor Day Weekend like it was the first 2 or 3 years it was in existence. We are always in Southern Illinois at Rend Lake during that time and Wayne City is less than an hour from where we camp at Rend. Besides that, there is virtually no way I can get away from work in October to attend.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.