IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maybe This Is A Step In the Right Direction
4/30/17, 1:11 PM   #1
Maybe This Is A Step In the Right Direction
Jerry Shaw

On a major network, CBS Sports Spectacular is showing a recorded Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series race from East Bay. I know, it's not sprints or midgets, but maybe it's a sign that a major player could be open to broadcasting one of our races, on a national level, again someday.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 4/30/17 at 1:13 PM.

4/30/17, 1:42 PM   #2
Re: Maybe This Is A Step In the Right Direction
jim goerge

Jerry I have seen Dirt Late Model races on that channel before during one of my sleepless nights, they were always on late night or very early morning. Be great if they would do sprints, if they did I believe they would do WoO which wouldn"t matter as long as we had sprints on TV

4/30/17, 3:56 PM   #3
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I love my MTV... MAVTV that is!

4/30/17, 6:06 PM   #4
Jackslash.com

We have worked extremely hard to put Midgets and Sprint Cars on national television.

We are entering our 5th season doing so.

The Indiana Sprint Car Series on MAVTV presented by Fatheadz Eyewear will air their 6 race series starting in June. In addition to that, POWRI Midgets and the WAR Sprint Car Series have signed on to do 10 shows. We will also be adding other original programming as the summer continues.

We have done all of this with local Indiana and Sprint and Midget industry support.

We continue to do it because we feel national television still has a value and hopefully someday a big corporate sponsor will come along and give us all the deal we want and need.

Until then, its us operating a small production company on a shoe string budget and fighting every season to convince tracks, series, and the network that our sport belongs on tv.

The state of television as all of you know has changed drastically from the big 3 days (NBC, ABC, CBS).

We will keep plugging along and trying to make our sport look as entertaining as possible.

Thanks to everyone who appreciate and support our sport on national television.

4/30/17, 6:21 PM   #5
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Sean the only reason I pay for MAVTV is because of the open wheel racing they air. Dirty30 is a very big part of that. You do a great job and the only thing I could ask for is more!

4/30/17, 6:54 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

MavTV isn't a option for me but I have the Lucasoilracing.tv subcription. Get many of the Lucas Oil LM and ASCS streamed live. Plus most of Jackslash's Dirty 30 and a lot of other races as well. Even have some WAR on there.

4 members like this post: davidm, jim goerge, openwheelfan1, PIT CART
5/1/17, 11:08 AM   #7
Therealether

I dont have a traditional cable service. But if you hit up nkt tv online you can stream mavtv live for $2.99 a month.

1 member likes this post: davidm
5/1/17, 6:55 PM   #8
Backitin

Matters to me if the only sprintcar show on one of the big three networks was woo, I wouldn't care enough to watch.

1 member likes this post: captrat
5/1/17, 10:21 PM   #9
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Matters to me if the only sprintcar show on one of the big three networks was woo, I wouldn't care enough to watch.
You're welcome to choose not to watch, but that and comments like this one do nothing to help get more dirt races on TV. The outlaws have had some outstanding races and fantastic finishes already this year. But I guess only people that are open to watching other classes of racing would know that.

3 members like this post: jdull99, progressive22, TBONE
5/2/17, 11:00 AM   #10
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackslash.com View Post
We have worked extremely hard to put Midgets and Sprint Cars on national television.

We are entering our 5th season doing so.

The Indiana Sprint Car Series on MAVTV presented by Fatheadz Eyewear will air their 6 race series starting in June. In addition to that, POWRI Midgets and the WAR Sprint Car Series have signed on to do 10 shows. We will also be adding other original programming as the summer continues.

We have done all of this with local Indiana and Sprint and Midget industry support.

We continue to do it because we feel national television still has a value and hopefully someday a big corporate sponsor will come along and give us all the deal we want and need.

Until then, its us operating a small production company on a shoe string budget and fighting every season to convince tracks, series, and the network that our sport belongs on tv.

The state of television as all of you know has changed drastically from the big 3 days (NBC, ABC, CBS).

We will keep plugging along and trying to make our sport look as entertaining as possible.

Thanks to everyone who appreciate and support our sport on national television.
Thank you Sean for all your hard work. The podcasts are awesome too!

3 members like this post: mc/rider, MOORESVILLETRUCKER, Racer1039
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Maybe This Is A Step In the Right Direction