IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > On the cover
9/30/16, 5:16 PM   #1
On the cover
racer-x

Just got off after 12 hours of work. You know how ya feel when it starts raining about the time you get off work Blaaaa.. I went to get the mail out of the box and my new Sprint car and Midget magazine was in there.

It's hard to believe how one great man could leave such a influence on so many people.I'm sure alot of you out there will feel the same when u see the cover...
I'm sure glad I have no plans tonight because I think I will be reading alot😭

9/30/16, 6:01 PM   #2
Re: On the cover
david mitchell
Banned

I too thought it was a wonderful cover. Flat Out also has Bryan on cover. For some reason National Speedsport News did not. I cannot for the life of me understand How they chose Jason Johnson for the cover. In normal times, no problem.I e-mailed Mr. Shaheen At NSSN and let him know how I thought his decision here was wrong. I have not heard back.I am still trying to understand it.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
9/30/16, 10:02 PM   #3
wobbler

I sure do miss not being able to get SC&M here. Was always a great read.

10/1/16, 8:37 AM   #4
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

I was moved by the Diversified Machine Inc. Ad on the inside cover of the magazine. Great quote from the late, great Bruce McLaren, it really explains why people race. Heck, I think it helps explain why anyone does anything well. Just in case any of you did not see it, it is a photo of the back of Bryan waving as he is being introduced and the quote is "To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone." I would like to see a groundswell support for Bryan Clauson for Sports Illustrated "Sportsperson of the Year." Just look at how many people have become organ donors because of Bryan and his family.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > On the cover