IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Returns to Moler Friday 6/7
6/5/19, 3:41 PM   #1
BOSS Returns to Moler Friday 6/7
sprinter14

BOSS Returns to Moler Friday 6/7

It's been a rough start to the 2019 race season for the Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series. Rain has claimed 4 of the firsst 6 events. Fortunately, 2 of the aforementioned rainouts are being rescheduled. Matt Westfall won the opener at Atomic Speedway on April 13th and Nick Bilbee won the Lawrenceburg Speedway event on May 18th.

Now the tour is set to make a return to the new Moler Raceway Park this Friday, June 7th, under the direction of new promoter, Brad McCown. BOSS had one previous event there in 2015 when the rain came during the second heat race. What promised to be some of the best racing of the season, with 34 cars in the lineup, was washed out. McCown, has hosted the tour since 2015 at his Atomic Speedway and is in his first season at Moler Raceway Park. Within minutes of his lease agreement being signed, the contract was formed to bring BOSS back to Moler!

Gates will open at 4 pm on Friday with hot laps at 7 and racing at 8. Adult general admission is $15 with seniors and vets admitted for $12. Kids 10 and under are free. Pit passes will be $30. Just like at Atomic, McCown graciously provides kids pit pass breaks at $20 for ages 6-10 and kids 5 and under are free on the pit side.

For competing teams, this event will be the standard purse of $1,500 to win and $250 to start. This event will be run under the OPEN TIRE rule. The Hoosier only rule will go into effect AFTER we have completed a third event. There are no registration fees or entry fees with BOSS. The Moler Raceway does NOT have a scoring loop, so for this event, heat race lineups will be by pill draw, staggered, from the draw sheet. NO MUFFLERS are required for this race.

Don't forget to support and thank our sponsors who provide heat race cash and bonus awards, including:
The Bridge Restaurant of Sidney, Ohio
Apple Metal Polishing of Eldorodo, OH
Cowen Truck Line of Perrysville, OH
All Pro Cylinder Heads of Johnstown, OH
All Star Performance of Watervliet, MI
Mark Cole Insurance of Austintown, OH
TCB Speed of Noblesville, IN
Performance Powder Coating of Russia, OH
Hoosier Tire Midwest of Brownsburg, IN

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
6/5/19, 3:55 PM   #2
Re: BOSS Returns to Moler Friday 6/7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Forecast has improved significantly for Fri. Hope we get to run

1 member likes this post: sprinter14
6/5/19, 4:19 PM   #3
Andrew S. Quinn

I went to the race in 2015 and it was looking the goods before it started to rain. Been waiting for another race there,but I'm on call this week at work and cant make it over. Hope it goes well,and they want BOSS there more in the future.

6/6/19, 10:32 AM   #4
Charles Nungester

Forecast continues to improve even more with Saturday also being more likely than not of racing at the Burg.

Looking forward to a good boss race at Moler and the midgets are always breathtaking at the Burg.

6/7/19, 5:06 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

This sucks but If I get feelin better I'll be there.

Had problems getting dizzy yesterday. Like I did last sat at Twin Cities.
Had a great friend fix my car this morning and came home to feeling dizzy again.
Well this time Im home, Check my vitals and BP is 90/57 and checking every 20 minutes is still dropping.

Call Cardioligist office, tells my to cut BP meds in half. I say ok for tomorrow, what about now. Oh brother

Eating some supper, if my BP gets up to normal, I'll be on my way. If not, So upset I can't make it.

6/7/19, 5:58 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Decision made, Not coming, Better not be a danger to myself and others or get there and cause a problem.

Hope some of the sprint, mod, hornet guys can make it down to Burg tomorrow. Good luck to all, Be safe!

6/7/19, 8:33 PM   #7
EZ04

Wish we could have made it back this year. Really liked the track pretty racey for the sprints or at least it seemed it was going to be.

6/7/19, 8:44 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Tracck had some light shower, apparently several card played the radar game and lost. Hot lapping now. 21 sprints.

6/7/19, 9:22 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Crabtree, Ingle, Fischesser, Westfall heat one finish.

6/7/19, 9:29 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

I think Owen, ? Cooley second heat finish.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS Returns to Moler Friday 6/7