IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway May 31 - Friday - MSCS Sprints
5/30/19, 7:10 PM   #21
Re: Paragon Speedway May 31 - Friday - MSCS Sprints
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Thank you, looking forward to attending. Is this going to be another night long marathon? Don't understand the thinking in splitting the 2 shows up. Lincoln Park, Bloomington and other don't separate the 2 when MSCS comes to town. Haubstadt doesn't separate the USAC and MSCS shows. Logic please?
Tire rules and trying to be sure they get a good amount of cars in the pits. While yes a Jake, Josh and maybe a few others have a good chance of beating the big money guys that run MSCS. Some that would not would decide to just stay home feeling as thought they are wasting money and getting little in return. If your going to go home with $50 after runnning a B main(assuming that is what MSCS pays as show up money) and running your butt off it make since to stay home. So as a promoter he is trying to take care of his bread and butter regulars while also giving some that want to play with the big dogs the chance to get off the porch and play. JMO For me Fridays are hard and if it were just and MSCS show I would choice to stay home but will choose to run the Paragon portion of the show because it make since finacially. I may kick myself if the MSCS portion get a low car count but that is what makes this a little entertaining as well we have to choose before we really know the car counts. Much like Smackdown at Kokomo with USAC and BOSS. (See someone else does do this based on type of drivers/team budgets)

As far as points, while it would be cool to win a points championship but if it's not paying you extra money at the end of the year it really doesn't matter because it won't get you a cup of coffee at Denny's. Go race and race to win and screw points there is too big of a deal made about point. JMO
Last edited by hairracer44; 5/30/19 at 7:12 PM.

8 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, davidm, Leohr46, oppweld, PIT CART, scottyCbus, TNRustler, TQ29m
5/30/19, 7:38 PM   #22
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Thought they used to get about 50 Paragon Sprints?
One night I went there probably 10 or so years ago and there were 73 sprints,and 3 features.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Leohr46, mlamb
5/30/19, 7:44 PM   #23
cmiracingvids

After a quick search on MSCS website, I think it’s quite obvious what Spiker is doing. To run with MSCS you either have to buy a $25 one time license for the race or already have a license with them. ($100). That’s not a lot, but I don’t know when the last time MSCS ran at Paragon. The other thing, and this is a big one, you MUST run Hoosier tires on all 4 corners, AND there is a spec right rear. Paragon sprints do not have any such rule. So, he’s simply allowing everyone that wants to run Paragon “outlaw” rules to run, instead of basically saying, buy Hoosiers and a membership or stay home. As Hairracer mentioned, BOSS did this same thing at Smackdown last year. I believe, mostly because the tire rule situation. BOSS is open tire...USAC is not.
Last edited by cmiracingvids; 5/30/19 at 7:46 PM.

5/30/19, 9:00 PM   #24
Sandy Lowe

BOSS isn't an open tire rule anymore. Hoosier tires are mandatory on all four corners starting with their fifth race this season (I think their event Saturday is race number three).

5/30/19, 9:28 PM   #25
Rpracing1

Hmmmmm, So it Really does make sense then. Hmmmmm......

5/30/19, 10:13 PM   #26
kcarm92

When Keith was on sprint week guys that ran with usac, got feature, points,highest Paragon regular got 1st place points next got second place points ,etc Paragon regulars, that might have won Paragon feature ,got points after guys that ran usac ,could be 5 th place points or could be 10th place points for win just depends on regular cars that ran usac , instead of Paragon sprints,

5/30/19, 10:50 PM   #27
Kendall2020

no but the paragon feature is paying like a second feature. I don't get that.

5/30/19, 10:53 PM   #28
Kendall2020

so why are the paragon regulars"which we aren't" getting paid as a B feature? just curious

5/31/19, 7:31 AM   #29
hsracer338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Thought they used to get about 50 Paragon Sprints?
We did have 53 earlier this season when nobody had raced for a month and gas city had rained out. But we only had 28 the next weekend.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
5/31/19, 1:17 PM   #30
i love dirt track racing

Our racing family's our heading that way. Looking forward to seeing all the great racing fans and racing events. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. Thanks.

6 members like this post: Buster51, Dirtfan, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, rachasin, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway May 31 - Friday - MSCS Sprints