IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weekend forecast March 29-30
3/27/19, 11:59 PM   #21
Re: Weekend forecast March 29-30
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Most epic weird night at the track I've ever been too. Went to a race, Ended up at a blues brothers concert surrounded by state police.
Not a bad ending....

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/28/19, 9:10 AM   #22
7horse
Banned

Bet you are happy now, Lawrenceburg just canceled

3/28/19, 10:27 AM   #23
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
Bet you are happy now, Lawrenceburg just canceled
I dont really think anyone is happy about it.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3/28/19, 11:03 AM   #24
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
First, I respect all promoters who do what they can to have racing and a race.

I don't think you were intentionally trying too, But Appearance wise this looks like your trying to undercut someone else. *Posting both forecast.*

I remember a few years ago two indiana tracks did this to each other and it left a lot of hard feelings. Also other tracks naming their race by the same name after working years to establish it's uniqueness.

I'll leave it with, I hope we both race. OK? Our forecast has improved by 50% since you posted it.
This is not a Indiana track that is close by. It's in Florida and a long ways off. He is just stating a fact. It is a free market and the Burg has issues with the track I heard so they might have dodged a bullet with the makeup date that has been unheard of for this opener. The Burg has cancelled anyway. Mute point now.
Last edited by SPRINTCAR; 3/28/19 at 11:04 AM. Reason: wording

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
3/28/19, 12:04 PM   #25
flagboy55

Giving the reality of the situation, I don’t know why anyone except perhaps one person, would have a problem with the original post. I’ve been on 3 different weather sights and following BamWX and it all says rain and COLD. I think Wayne was using just laying out some options while promoting his deal. I applaud the Burg and USAC for calling it early so other plans can be made by all involved

3/28/19, 12:26 PM   #26
JDK222

There was nothing wrong with Wayne’s original post. I hate to break the news to you keyboard jockeys but he didn’t cause the rainout.....trust me guys weren’t like I hope it rains out so we can drive to Florida....I think everyone on here should also have their name at the bottom of their posts it eliminate a lot of this.
Last edited by JDK222; 3/28/19 at 12:29 PM.

3/28/19, 12:53 PM   #27
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
This is not a Indiana track that is close by. It's in Florida and a long ways off. He is just stating a fact. It is a free market and the Burg has issues with the track I heard so they might have dodged a bullet with the makeup date that has been unheard of for this opener. The Burg has cancelled anyway. Mute point now.
Could you explain the possible track issues please? I know CB posted that they have new dirt. A make-up is quite surprising for this race as I’m not sure it’s happened before.
I have no issues with Wayne Davis’ post about a race all of the way down in Florida either. The Honorary Grand Poobaa of Lawrenceburg gets his feathers ruffled anytime something is said that might not put his precious Burg at the top. To think that a race in Florida was competition to the Usac opener in Indiana is absurd. He was just making people aware they had options if it rained. Funny thing is that this board lauded Mr. Davis for his promoting skills with the Kinser comes out of retirement post. Hipocites I say.
Of course it’s water under the bridge now. If there were gonna be track issues let’s be happy, that this track didn’t eat up cars at the start of the season. I guess 7horse can breathe easy now too. He doesn’t have to worry about that tongue lashing he was to get from the Poobaa. 🙂

3 members like this post: 7horse, interpreter66, SPRINTCAR
3/28/19, 1:02 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Could you explain the possible track issues please? I know CB posted that they have new dirt. A make-up is quite surprising for this race as I’m not sure it’s happened before.
I have no issues with Wayne Davis’ post about a race all of the way down in Florida either. The Honorary Grand Poobaa of Lawrenceburg gets his feathers ruffled anytime something is said that might not put his precious Burg at the top. To think that a race in Florida was competition to the Usac opener in Indiana is absurd. He was just making people aware they had options if it rained. Funny thing is that this board lauded Mr. Davis for his promoting skills with the Kinser comes out of retirement post. Hipocites I say.
Of course it’s water under the bridge now. If there were gonna be track issues let’s be happy, that this track didn’t eat up cars at the start of the season. I guess 7horse can breathe easy now too. He doesn’t have to worry about that tongue lashing he was to get from the Poobaa. 🙂
Read the rules on personal attacks.

The issue is new clay and rain. Nothing more.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, mc/rider
3/28/19, 3:55 PM   #29
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Read the rules on personal attacks.

The issue is new clay and rain. Nothing more.
We obviously come from different backgrounds regarding what is an ‘attack”. Lighten up.

If the track wasn’t ready then it’s good they were bailed out by rain.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
3/28/19, 5:19 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
We obviously come from different backgrounds regarding what is an ‘attack”. Lighten up.

If the track wasn’t ready then it’s good they were bailed out by rain.
He's posted picks every day on Burg FB page, It's ready but it rained earlier today and is supposed to be at least 60% both Fri and Sat.

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weekend forecast March 29-30