IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New low for Tony Stewart
10/7/18, 3:47 AM   #61
Re: New low for Tony Stewart
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Agree with Yeleyfan, Brent has stated several times about having inside knowledge, but refuses to share any facts. If what he knows is true whats the harm in letting us know?

10/7/18, 7:56 AM   #62
MIracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Did Kokomo make an Official announcement not allowing Robert to run the WAR Show? Or the Kokomo Klash? Guess the All Star Sprint Car official announcement was enough, since the All Stars are in a lease deal for this show.
When talking to Ballou at Montpelier is personally told me he was not allowed to race any of the races at Kokomo the rest of the year.

Also who knows what will happen before 2019 but he said he can't afford to go wing racing full time.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, treecitytornado
10/7/18, 3:39 PM   #63
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau View Post
Compare Robert Ballou and Tony Stewart in driving ability? This board has hit a new low. It's not close.
Sprintcars?

10/7/18, 3:43 PM   #64
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Agree with Yeleyfan, Brent has stated several times about having inside knowledge, but refuses to share any facts. If what he knows is true whats the harm in letting us know?
I think a lot of that is drinking beer around a group and bullshitting ideas. IMO.

10/7/18, 6:08 PM   #65
New low for Tony Stewart
sw1911

10/7/18, 6:11 PM   #66
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
The harm is, when you blow up your source of inside knowledge, you don't get any more inside knowledge. They tell you the facts because they know you can keep it to yourself. I have inside sources, what they tell me stays with me and that is why they are willing to share. Misinformation and BS on the internet drives me nuts, but I don't get involved with the arguments because I would be in the same boat as Brent is right here.

10/7/18, 8:18 PM   #67
suzuki756

This is worse than a bunch of women at sunday brunch

5 members like this post: Big Mike 7, CRA91, fish, PIT CART, texas red
10/7/18, 8:44 PM   #68
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki756 View Post
This is worse than a bunch of women at sunday brunch
Thanks for joining us. We left a seat open just for you.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
10/7/18, 11:24 PM   #69
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
The harm is, when you blow up your source of inside knowledge, you don't get any more inside knowledge. They tell you the facts because they know you can keep it to yourself. I have inside sources, what they tell me stays with me and that is why they are willing to share. Misinformation and BS on the internet drives me nuts, but I don't get involved with the arguments because I would be in the same boat as Brent is right here.
I don’t believe you regularly post you have inside info but don’t reveal it. You do what you are supposed to and stay quiet. Maybe you should dial up Funk and explain that to him. The problems exist with people doing just what he does. Still waiting on key industry leaders to be named. They is something usac said and didn’t follow thru either.

10/8/18, 6:01 AM   #70
BrentTFunk

The reason why is because the Robert is never wrong crowd will bad mouth the promoter for not sharing his opinion. Eventually people will get tired of being bashed, say it isn't worth it, and walk away. Don't want to see that happen. Back to the original post, When a driver earlier this year was suspended by the WoO, I don't remember any sanctioning body, or track not honoring his suspension. So this really is nothing new.

4 members like this post: Big Mike 7, CRA91, mc/rider, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New low for Tony Stewart