IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: 2020 usac national sprint schedule released
12/12/19, 8:19 PM   #11
Re: Usac: 2020 usac national sprint schedule released
miledirt

What is it nine races in Pa. and Cali? One in Illinois and it's the indoor race.

More power to having a ton of races out east and in Cali., but agree it would be nice to see Granite City, Fairbury on the schedule

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner
12/12/19, 9:50 PM   #12
ISF

It seems Illinois, with Joliet on NASCAR weekend being the exception, just isn't a fertile area for USAC's sprint & midget divisions.

Read on the Fairbury Facebook page that the 2 WoO Sprint Car shows were not money making events for them so they were dropped from their schedule after only 2 years. If the WoO Sprint Cars are a loser for them then common sense would dictate that either of the USAC National divisions probably wouldn't be all that lucrative for them either.

Due our close proximity to Fairbury no one would be happier to see USAC on their schedule. I've attended every open wheel event at Fairbury since the first POWRi National Midget race back in 2016 and the crowd just isn't there in comparison to most of the late model events. A couple of those are sold out.

I've sat with some of the hard core Fairbury late model regulars and they constantly bemoan the push starts and lack of push trucks especially after the red flags due to flips. I've tried to explain that most of the problem is inadequate numbers, and lack of organization, of push vehicles.

It's a fact of life that Fairbury is predominantly a late model track. Period. And that isn't likely to change anytime soon.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/12/19, 11:53 PM   #13
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
I agree, all the tracks in IL and Ohio and hardly any on schedule
Ohio was tried for a number of years with the Buckeye Nationals. It was 4 nites a few years then tailed off. It was a good deal but obviously not supported. I live near the Pa/NJ border so obviously I support all Eastern Storm events and my experience tells me that these races are well supported every year. Hopefully Usac doesn’t tell Williams Grove to make the track rock hard again this year so we can see dirt cars sliding the turns not crawling around the bottom like asphalt. The Storm is a great week and I’d think they will continue it for years to come. Aside from Granite City and Farmer City my Illinois experience is limited, but both were rock hard and tire eaters when I went. So glad Pevely is on the schedule. That was one of the best races of 2018. The 15 hr drive was totally worth it. Hoping Jackson turns out well for them. Still don’t understand a Sprintweek with a 2 day break. So many tracks to race at for 9 nites with no break. It’s done elsewhere so it’s totally possible. 46 races is a healthy schedule hopefully there is a healthy group to follow the tour.

I agree with another poster that when you go to late model country you won’t be able to sell push starts very well. It’s hard enough to sell non wing in most sprint car areas. Feb is two months away and it starts again. Can’t wait.

12/13/19, 6:30 AM   #14
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
They have really killed my ability and interest in attend Eastern Storm. If I’m going to have to take off work and book a hotel I’d might as well just fly out to Indy for Midget Week or Sprint Week. In the long run it will likely be cheaper too.
We look forward to seeing you!

12/13/19, 3:00 PM   #15
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I just realized that the 7/15 Wednesday Night race at Eldora IS going to be sanctioned by USAC. We thought it might just be an open race back on the Hoosier Hundred Terre Haute thread a few weeks back.

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=111911
I was surprised myself. When we renew our tickets for that weekend we called the ticket office and they said that it was a open racing events for both of the racing events. With $10,000 to win for both series. I Did Notice That Its Not A Sanctioned WOO Racing Events. I guess that we will show up on Wednesday before the kings royal and be happy. LOL.

3 members like this post: nathans1012, PIT CART, tirespinner
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: 2020 usac national sprint schedule released