IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy practice
5/17/19, 10:12 PM   #11
Re: Indy practice
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
No live video without pay per view. No national press coverage of what is going on. Good try....

You might want to leave your cave. The only thing that is PPV are practices during the season and part of 500 qualifying. That going to PPV has provided coverage of those sessions that is light years ahead compared to where it was last year.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/17/19, 11:24 PM   #12
ThePurple73

Last year there was a lot of great online coverage. It is sad to see such a great event get so little coverage. Sounds like some questionable marketing decisions.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 5/18/19 at 1:09 AM.

3 members like this post: Bostonian, Charles Nungester, CRA91
5/18/19, 7:48 AM   #13
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple73 View Post
Last year there was a lot of great online coverage. It is sad to see such a great event get so little coverage. Sounds like some questionable marketing decisions.
You have a full network broadcast team and cameras covering the sessions this year compared to last. The Gold Pass is being operated like watching a race on network. BTW, a full year subscription to Gold pass is on sale for $40. Outside the May sale it's still only $64 for the full season. All season qualifying sessions, outside the first day minus the last hour of 500 qualifying, and races are still on NBCSN and NBC. There is a lot of confusion about what this is and isn't.

No, you can no longer watch for free at YouTube, but what NBC has done since getting this contract has been great. They've gone full out, lot's of cross promotion during their other sporting events, etc.
Last edited by Brickyard; 5/18/19 at 8:07 AM.

5/18/19, 9:31 AM   #14
sprintracer82

I spent the $40 on the NBC sports gold pass and have had great coverage. It is a full broadcast team with multiple pit lane reporters, at least three people in the booth, and the good chunk of the week it was Robin Miller in the booth. It's well worth the $40. And that's for the remainder of the season.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, PIT CART
5/18/19, 11:01 AM   #15
ThePurple73

I signed up but it stinks to think you pay over $200 a month for TV coverage and NBC has channels on cable and satellite they could show it on. The Speedway should make that mandatory in the package deal with who ever provides TV coverage other wise why not host it themselves? They speedway did the best job I had seen last year.

4 members like this post: Bostonian, Charles Nungester, CRA91, luckybuc97
5/18/19, 12:05 PM   #16
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple73 View Post
I signed up but it stinks to think you pay over $200 a month for TV coverage and NBC has channels on cable and satellite they could show it on. The Speedway should make that mandatory in the package deal with who ever provides TV coverage other wise why not host it themselves? They speedway did the best job I had seen last year.
I pay 98 a month for TV coverage, sounds like you might need to look into another option. NBC, along with 99% of other potential TV partners, is not going to kick off it's other properties to show IndyCar practice sessions. They already show the full races and qualifying sessions minus the first 6 hours of first day 500 qualifications on the SN and Network. What IndyCar got with this deal is a ton more exposure compared to what they had with the prior ABC/ESPN-Versus deal along with full team network broadcast quality coverage of all sessions.

I've come to the conclusion some of you would be happier if they would go back to the dark ages and ignore the complete season and only show the 500 on a tape delay World Wide Sports broadcast.

5/18/19, 1:14 PM   #17
duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickyard View Post
You might want to leave your cave. The only thing that is PPV are practices during the season and part of 500 qualifying. That going to PPV has provided coverage of those sessions that is light years ahead compared to where it was last year.
Where is the live coverage of Indy 500 qualification from nbc on directv that I pay well for. I see they have qualified at least 20 cars so far from the indycar site. I will be at Indy for the 500 for 5 days. When I can leave my cave I do hit about 30 to 40 live races a year. Are you an employee of nbc, the brickyard or cart?

4 members like this post: Bostonian, jdull99, PIT CART, XtremeLS1
5/18/19, 1:22 PM   #18
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
Where is the live coverage of Indy 500 qualification from nbc on directv that I pay well for. I see they have qualified at least 20 cars so far from the indycar site. I will be at Indy for the 500 for 5 days. When I can leave my cave I do hit about 30 to 40 live races a year. Are you an employee of nbc, the brickyard or cart?
Like I said above part of today's Indy 500 qualifying is on Gold. They aren't going to bump their lineup to put two full days of qualifying on SN or Network, especially on Preakness weekend. ABC didn't do it, no one is going to do that. As you can see per the following link, https://digbza2f4g9qo.cloudfront.net...190513T200508Z, today's session will have the 5-6 portion on NBCSN while the shootouts tomorrow will be on the network, NBC.

And I work for them all. My plan is to turn this series into an all road course series, kick all the dirt drivers to the curb, ensure that 85% of the field is foreign.

5/18/19, 1:42 PM   #19
wright59

It does stink to have to pay for the nbc gold but I did pay the $40 and the coverage is excellent and that covers the entire season. But for people without the extra money and love IMS I feel for ya for sure!

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, wallbanger II
5/18/19, 1:48 PM   #20
wright59

BTW, Hinchcliff just hit the wall hard! Pigot still P1 and Andretti last in fast 9 so far.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy practice