IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500, Who's going?
5/14/19, 6:54 PM   #11
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Have they weed whacked the mens room yet? Always a sign the Little 500 is close by......
I wonder if the ladies have the same ambience that we do!🌙✨

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Charles Nungester, tirespinner
5/14/19, 6:58 PM   #12
Re: Little 500, Who's going?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
I wonder if the ladies have the same ambience that we do!��✨

I went in and looked at it once.
Port a Jon for me. Lots of em in turn two. I think turn three as well.

As for upgrades, Another Friend tells me the turn two grandstand should be done for the 500 and the lighting, The concessions were also changed. Said he went to the show a couple weeks ago.

Owner said it's hard working them things in, along with the other stuff when it rains four days a week.

Thanks Chet Christner for the mention of the FM feed, May also buy the race monitor app. Had some confusion last year as the third place guy was running like what was second for awhile but was actually a lap down.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/14/19 at 7:01 PM.

5/14/19, 9:19 PM   #13
flagboy55

This is a odd topic for me. I remember as a kid anticipating the story and results of the Little 500 in the Speed Sport the first week in June every year. I remember telling Dad, we need to go to this. I remember pulling for Frank Riddle, Bentley Warren, many other greats that ran the race. Well we never made it to Memorial Day tradition. As time has passed, for some reason I’ve become to view it as a novelty event. In spite of the fact that some of my most respected race fan friends, a couple of whom are involved with the race, tout how great an event it is, I still can’t seem to move it up my bucket list. I’m going to get there someday, but not going to be this one. I hope the race is awesome and everyone has a great time. For me, maybe next year

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, tirespinner
5/15/19, 6:02 AM   #14
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
This is a odd topic for me. I remember as a kid anticipating the story and results of the Little 500 in the Speed Sport the first week in June every year. I remember telling Dad, we need to go to this. I remember pulling for Frank Riddle, Bentley Warren, many other greats that ran the race. Well we never made it to Memorial Day tradition. As time has passed, for some reason I’ve become to view it as a novelty event. In spite of the fact that some of my most respected race fan friends, a couple of whom are involved with the race, tout how great an event it is, I still can’t seem to move it up my bucket list. I’m going to get there someday, but not going to be this one. I hope the race is awesome and everyone has a great time. For me, maybe next year
I felt the same way. Went once and never missed again. Its hard to describe. Your right is a novelty in a way. Always a fun night.

5/15/19, 7:39 AM   #15
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Need to see it before you run out of next years.🙂

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, LB, tirespinner, Tony74
5/15/19, 7:44 AM   #16
campingman

It is a yearly must see. Two and a half hours of constant excitement.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, interpreter66, tirespinner
5/15/19, 10:07 AM   #17
flagboy55

66 you’re right about the running out of years part. Due to the fact I enjoy this site, I won’t mention 2 of the races that are ahead of it on my bucket list, I would probably be banned

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, tirespinner
5/15/19, 10:25 AM   #18
AndersonSpeedway

Updates for 2019 Anderson Speedway:

New Concessions- Still have the same fan favorites. The breaded tenderloin has gone through a change and has been well liked by fans the race we have run. A local pizza shop is supplying pizza now to the track and is available in turn 3. Credit cards are also now be accepted at all concession stands throughout the property.

New Stands - the first phase of upgrades has started for turn 3. They are putting the finishing touches on the stands this week as they will be open for the Little 500. We are looking to continue the upgrades over the next few years.

Lights - All the lights at the speedway will be converted to LED Lighting by the Little 500.

Turn 1 Restroom - Part of the restroom had a new roof put on it. However the urinals are still under the stars. We just knock the weeds down today and will spray them tomorrow.

Track Radio - The track radio is 90.5 we will also have live local radio this year with Brian Hammons and Tom Bigelow calling the race. They will be on 1240am and 103.7 FM.

Plenty of tickets are still available but they are starting to sell very quickly. We highly encourage patrons to purchase tickets in advance.

5/15/19, 1:40 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Can't get much more official than that. Thank's Anderson Speedway. See ya next week.

5/15/19, 3:27 PM   #20
ISF

We rarely attend racing conducted on an asphalt oval. Any asphalt oval. Our racing entertainment preferences have always been solidly on dirt tracks. For many years I had read about the Little 500 and was intrigued by the format, length and the type cars that are a part of this event. Even though we had attended the Indy 500 for 2 1/2 decades, give or take, we had never made an effort to attend the Little 5.

Then a half dozen years ago our friends from out Kansas way urged us to join them at Anderson Speedway on the Saturday night of Memorial Weekend. We did, and we haven't missed one since and do not intend to miss another one unless it's an absolute necessity that we be somewhere else.

The Little 500 is quite simply a huge highlight of the racing season for us!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500, Who's going?