IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW Pay?
7/21/15, 3:49 PM   #11
chastaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
The first two words in the late model series you mentioned is why they pay so much.
USAC is Amsoil sponsored, so is Lucas Oil doing more or is USAC pocketing the difference?

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman, PIT CART
7/21/15, 4:03 PM   #12
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
USAC is Amsoil sponsored, so is Lucas Oil doing more or is USAC pocketing the difference?
My guess would be Lucas Oil contributes quite a bit more than Amsoil. Unfortunately, there's a bigger market for late models than USAC sprints. Even though most NASCAR guys come from USAC.

And The World of Outlaws again don't have a title sponsor. And some of their races this year, andI beleive last year, only paid 6k to win. They're often the weekday events.

2 members like this post: dirtbag, jim goerge
7/21/15, 6:09 PM   #13
kylezero

Some local shows pay 1000 to win and 100 to start... It's not always about the money.

7/21/15, 9:36 PM   #14
Re: ISW Pay?
Flatrightrear

I wonder if for Sprintweek alone that the USAC races could pay at least $6,000 to win just to highlight the fact that it is a special week with larger than normal crowds and really is THE showcase event(s) of the whole season. The crowds and car counts are great with paying $5,000 to win, though, so if I'm paying the bills I'll keep my overhead as low as possible. TSS does a nice job in Sept. with their USAC/MSCS show that pays $10,000.

7/21/15, 9:56 PM   #15
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
^Because title sponsors, such as Lucas Oil kick in massive amounts of money to raise the purse for each race ontop of what the track/series puts down for a certain race.

Example, if its a LOLMS race, the 1st place payout could be $10,000 and $5,000 of that was given by Lucas as series endorsement. (hypothetical amounts of money just being used as an example).
This is not necessarily true! What a title sponsor pays and how it is paid is completely dependent upon how the contract is negotiated and written. Some series sponsors only put money in the point fund, not the race purse, some do both and some only put money in the race purse. While they may, to ASSUME that Lucas Oil puts a significant amount of money in to the race purse is taking a big WAG.

7/21/15, 11:13 PM   #16
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
^Because title sponsors, such as Lucas Oil kick in massive amounts of money to raise the purse for each race ontop of what the track/series puts down for a certain race.

Example, if its a LOLMS race, the 1st place payout could be $10,000 and $5,000 of that was given by Lucas as series endorsement. (hypothetical amounts of money just being used as an example).
Okay..I used Lucas Oil as an example. Let's go with the WoO late model series. They don't have a major sponsor like Lucas backing them.

I just don't understand why sprint week races can't pay $10,000 to win each night with $15,000 to the champion or something.

$20 GA * 5,000 fans = $100,000
Add in the pit passes and the concessions and you've got a gold mine for promotors.

7/22/15, 12:05 AM   #17
dsc1600

I doubt many of the tracks having Speedweek shows can hold 5000 fans, let along sell 5000 tickets. Not to say they shouldn't pay more than 22k for the a main, but to say each show gets 5000 fans is unrealistic.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW Pay?