IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS updates?
9/6/10, 2:11 AM   #41
Re: TSS updates?
ClaytonYeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
Blake whoooops em again
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure what the deal was but everyone seemed extra wild tonight. First two heats were slide job city. Both the sprint and mod races came down to the last couple laps. It was nice to see some great drivers and what seemed like a good crowd (and sprint race was over well before 10:00). Btw the MSCS points race is looking good. Coming into this race Fitzpatrick was 18 points behind Stockon. That gap was narrowed tonight with 3 races to go. The last 3 races look like this: Bloomington Sep 17, Haubstadt Sep 18, and L-Burg Oct 2. Should be interesting.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/6/10, 2:35 AM   #42
skids59

I talked to Sam Sr. after the race. With Blake winning and Chase finishing 5th he thought Chase still had a 12 pt lead in MSCS points. Gonna go down to the wire.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

I thought what Tommy did at the conclusion of the modified feature was a classy move.An incident with the 9 car, who won, and the 71 car 2nd, over a UMP rule about when they were supposed to weigh . He awarded both drivers 1st place money. Maybe Racin Jason can clarify the infraction.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/6/10, 10:54 AM   #43
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

The racing last night was great. The track was freaky fast and the drivers put on 1 hell of a show. That was the best I've ever seen Hunter drive (That I can remember). He had lapped half the field by the second caution (lap 15 I think) about 5 0r 6 cars I know got lapped 3 times Hunter and Blake were in and out of traffic most of the race. Great driving by both young men, it was well worth the 2 hour drive and the 18 bucks to get in. Jsut what you want to see when you go to the track couldn't ask for much more. Thanks again to ALL the DRIVERS for putting on a wonderful show.

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
9/6/10, 8:25 PM   #44
Tripcrwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
What a way to end a crazy weekend! Hunter was so fast, the whole race. On all of the restarts he just drove away from the field. Especially on the last one. It really looked like he was checking out. Then the momentum changed when Blake closed back in, when they got into lapped traffic. Then there was a point when Hunter put a big slider on two lappers at the same time and you had to wonder "Did I just watch the race winning move?" Because he opened his lead back up a significant amount. But then another furious charge by the #10 car had him breathing back down the leaders neck once more. A great run off of turn 4 and down the front stretch netted Fitz the lead just past the flag stand. But that lead was gone as quick as it came as Hunter dove deep into turn 1 to seize the top spot back. But that was a harbinger of things to come though, because Blake would stalk the leader for several laps and seize the position back for good on the 28th lap. Not only was this a great race, with quite a few momentum shifts, but it was also a showcase of just how far Blake Fitzpatrick has grown as a driver, over the last couple of years. He's always been fast. Right from the very first time they rolled him out onto the track at Haubstadt for the first time. You always knew this was a young driver that was going to really go places, if he connected all the dots. And on one of those nights when the top was fast, he would win him one at this place or at Kokomo. Because that was his game. This has been the year that you've seen dramatic improvements in that game, though. Now, not only is he fast, but he's gained the flexibility of being able to adjust where he runs on the track and adjust to changing track conditions. Both in an instant. Much like Sprint Week, tonight was another masterpiece, turned in by a complete driver. He outdrove a faster car. And that's not taking anything away from Hunter, because if Fitz wasn't in this field tonight, this would have been a snoozer, as far as who the winner would have been. He would have checked out and driven away. It was an awesome race tonight and it's been a real bonus, in the last couple of months, seeing another young gasser graduating into the ranks of serious pros, in this racing scene, that are capable of winning anywhere, anytime.

Jerry
Thank you Mr. Shaw! I always look forward to reading your race recaps at each race you attend. Hunter will win one before to long and Fitz is on his way in that new "Spike" chasis.

2 members like this post: JEFFSTOY, Jerry Shaw
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TSS updates?