IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas city
7/23/22, 11:06 AM   #51
Re: Gas city
Scott Daloisio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
The most disappointing part of the night was watching grown a** adults screaming at Ballou from the stands. After the first red with Bacon, Ballou’s car stopped on the front stretch. Guys went down to the fence to SCREAM at him, flip him off, etc. Grown a** men. I’d love to see any of them threaten to kick Ballou’s a** when not behind a fence and when Ballou isn’t strapped in a car.

Don’t get me wrong, there were certainly shenanigans last night but the behavior of Leary and the fans do NOT give our sport a good name. I hear people make fun of NASCAR for the same behavior.

We were surprised that USAC allowed Bacon and Leary to approach Ballou. Yes it was pretty clear watching from the stands that Bacon was in control, but Leary clearly was not. Punk move to drop kick someone still strapped in their car.
It is like going to a hockey game! There are some brave @$$ Mo Fo's shouting from behind and pounding on the glass.

7/23/22, 11:16 AM   #52
Vookie

The one trait that the fans of Robert Ballou love of him, is that "he tells it like it is", maybe those fans yelling at Ballou last evening were "telling it like it is".

7/23/22, 11:39 AM   #53
JarrettFarms73

Full disclosure, i’m gonna talk crap about CJ in this example because my bias leans toward Ballou. At the end of the day though, i’m still going to be in awe the next time i get to see him (CJ) rip the lip at break neck speeds. Hope it’s tonight.

That said, where did the kicking thing come from? Did Rylan Gray try to do a power bomb or something on CJ back at the trailer after the BOSS race fiasco at Montpellier this year? Seriously? Who does that?

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
7/23/22, 12:31 PM   #54
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
The Drop kick? Id consider the cockpit a pit area. I don't know if it's in USAC rules, But many tracks if you enter someone else's pit area and assault em, You're suspended. I mean what if that was 95pd Jade or a 16yr old and not Ballou getting drop kicked?
First and foremost, I am not condoning what Leary did. However, on the track everybody is equal. Sometimes there are consequences to being treated as an equal and people don't want to see both sides of the coin. If a driver does something stupid they should expect to be called out. A 16 year old, that has signed in as an adult while at the track because they are partially emancipated to do so and a female that is of age should expect to be called out even if it means getting physical. You can't have only parts of equality.

5 members like this post: Midget98, oppweld, tirespinner, TNRustler, TommyTipover
7/23/22, 12:41 PM   #55
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
First and foremost, I am not condoning what Leary did. However, on the track everybody is equal. Sometimes there are consequences to being treated as an equal and people don't want to see both sides of the coin. If a driver does something stupid they should expect to be called out. A 16 year old, that has signed in as an adult while at the track because they are partially emancipated to do so and a female that is of age should expect to be called out even if it means getting physical. You can't have only parts of equality.
You do know "Calling out" and physically striking someone are two different things?

7/23/22, 1:44 PM   #56
BrentTFunk

Here is my thought. Ballou has been really fast all year. Maybe as fast as I have ever seen him. Last night he was hanging on to a 6th or 7th place car. He got into a couple of people, and it caused some crashes. It was not intentional, but I think Robert would have been just as upset if the roles were reversed. I do not mind drivers confronting each other, as long as the fans can see it, I am ok with fighting. That is why I think a fine and probation is probably needed for Leary. Honestly, the drop kick was a pretty weak effort. I am sure he is sorer today than Robert is. I do have more respect for what he did, than I would if he would got on social media like a seventh grade girl. Nice start to the week.

4 members like this post: duel, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, sprint38racer
7/23/22, 1:52 PM   #57
brown11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankytoo View Post
. A 16 year old, that has signed in as an adult while at the track because they are partially emancipated to do so
This is just complete internet lawyer speak and has no basis in truth. A 16 year old is unable to sign anything and have it be binding. At the the end of the day if an adult racer gets physical with a 16 year old it is still assaulting a minor.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97
7/23/22, 2:03 PM   #58
Chief Wahoo

Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Here is my thought. Ballou has been really fast all year. Maybe as fast as I have ever seen him. Last night he was hanging on to a 6th or 7th place car. He got into a couple of people, and it caused some crashes. It was not intentional, but I think Robert would have been just as upset if the roles were reversed. I do not mind drivers confronting each other, as long as the fans can see it, I am ok with fighting. That is why I think a fine and probation is probably needed for Leary. Honestly, the drop kick was a pretty weak effort. I am sure he is sorer today than Robert is. I do have more respect for what he did, than I would if he would got on social media like a seventh grade girl. Nice start to the week.
You mean like Bacon did on Twitter?

https://twitter.com/BradyBacon/statu...C48b_ejIUrAAAA

3 members like this post: progressive22, TQ97, wildman92
7/23/22, 2:09 PM   #59
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown11b View Post
This is just complete internet lawyer speak and has no basis in truth. A 16 year old is unable to sign anything and have it be binding. At the the end of the day if an adult racer gets physical with a 16 year old it is still assaulting a minor.
For that matter, Assault doesn't magically disappear upon entering the circled square. While Not usually exorcised. Robert has the right to press charges. However Leary landing on his ass though I think is penance enough.

1 member likes this post: rimrider69
7/23/22, 2:25 PM   #60
hoscalecody

I always thought it was funny how much crap Robert complains and talks crap about, then he drives like that.

Let's just say this tweet of his did not age well. https://twitter.com/robertballou81/s...41666122305537

Also what Leary did was very wrong and should not run anymore of sprint week at least if not more of a suspension.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 7/23/22 at 2:27 PM.

1 member likes this post: Joe Schaub
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas city