IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl so far.
1/11/23, 1:58 PM   #1
Chili Bowl so far.
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Wow, First two nights have been best I've seen from Tulsa. High, Low, Middle. Bryson from pole to third and back to first in qualifier. Avedisian from sixth to third in feature. Bryson from tenth to fifth.

Suprise winner. Not sure I agree with how the penalty's are being dished out. But the racing's been great on what often is a one groove track either high or low. Not so far this year.

1/11/23, 2:23 PM   #2
Grocery Guy

Last night's drama was incredible. Thought Pursley was going to get that finish he's been striving for. Then he loops it, takes out some great cars. Buddy, wrong place wrong time. Guess he was just going so fast no other option. Davis throws the early race slider bomb, then holds everyone off. Great win for a local guy who said he live 20 minutes away.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
1/11/23, 2:53 PM   #3
Pitdad

I know the Davis/Pickens sliders ended up being the big story, but I think Kofoid’s Ross Chastain impersonation deserve more scrutiny. There was a long gap between the cars stopping and him barreling around the outside. What’s he looking at?

And if his crew would have had another 2 minutes, they would have replaced the entire front end and gotten him back on the track.

Proof that the rest of us are playing a different game…

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
1/11/23, 3:12 PM   #4
Re: Chili Bowl so far.
ginblueearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
I know the Davis/Pickens sliders ended up being the big story, but I think Kofoid’s Ross Chastain impersonation deserve more scrutiny. There was a long gap between the cars stopping and him barreling around the outside. What’s he looking at?

And if his crew would have had another 2 minutes, they would have replaced the entire front end and gotten him back on the track.

Proof that the rest of us are playing a different game…
I personally agreed with the. Penalty of moving Damien Gardner to the rear. On his slide job. But when you're gonna have a rule like that. You need to enforce it across the board for everybody. And that includes the hometown boy. When Davis did it to Pickens. In the a feature And was not penalized by being put to the rear. It was total BS. You can't just pick and choose who you're gonna enforce the rules on. I know some people are saying Pickens Did it to Davis earlier on in the future? And Davis got on his brakes and avoided Crashing. And Davis was just giving a payback. Well, I don't buy that. Track officials are way too busy to have seen that. What Davis did was exactly the same as what Gardener did. It was a slight job gone bad. It should have been given the same penalty. He should have been put to the rear. And while I'm on the subject of poor officiating, Since when does a guy get run over? And his nerf bar knocked off. And he gets put to the rear. I think the track officials down there had better get their heads in the game better. It sucked big time last night. And I say this as a former driver. And a former track official. They need to do better. And stop playing favorites to the hometown drivers. Glen Murra

3 members like this post: Huskermudd1, opnwhlmnd, progressive22
1/11/23, 3:36 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

I think this is what happens when you officiate it like weekly stock cars. Not sure you can catch every move by everybody. Let the racers work it out. Blatant or under the yellow contact is different. Impossible to tell intent with slide jobs common in all forms of racing.

1/11/23, 3:49 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Well the racing is sure making me forget who's not racing Chili Bowl. What were they're names again?

Oh and that three cylinder cut in half LS with a cylinder removed midget Naida? Has some real pop. Midget racing needs something that don't cost $70k and needs rebuilt every fifth race to survive while still being peppy. Kody Swanson races tonight with the four cylinder version. How long before Toyota, Pink, Esslinger get it banned? Soap Box, Kinda sick of that sh*t .
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/11/23 at 4:07 PM.

5 members like this post: ginblueearth, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, RACrappieman, skids59
1/11/23, 3:55 PM   #7
skids59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
I personally agreed with the. Penalty of moving Damien Gardner to the rear. On his slide job. But when you're gonna have a rule like that. You need to enforce it across the board for everybody. And that includes the hometown boy. When Davis did it to Pickens. In the a feature And was not penalized by being put to the rear. It was total BS. You can't just pick and choose who you're gonna enforce the rules on. I know some people are saying Pickens Did it to Davis earlier on in the future? And Davis got on his brakes and avoided Crashing. And Davis was just giving a payback. Well, I don't buy that. Track officials are way too busy to have seen that. What Davis did was exactly the same as what Gardener did. It was a slight job gone bad. It should have been given the same penalty. He should have been put to the rear. And while I'm on the subject of poor officiating, Since when does a guy get run over? And his nerf bar knocked off. And he gets put to the rear. I think the track officials down there had better get their heads in the game better. It sucked big time last night. And I say this as a former driver. And a former track official. They need to do better. And stop playing favorites to the hometown drivers. Glen Murra
Using your "enforce it across the board" rule, should Buddy have been sent to rear when he took out Gardner and Hughes in the first heat? I doubt very seriously if there is a "hometown boy" advantage.

3 members like this post: Daisy's dad, Pitdad, tirespinner
1/11/23, 4:11 PM   #8
badcoupe

Pickens made same move on Davis a few laps before so he had one coming. Davis was smart enough to back off, Pickens was not. Track was terrible monday all day. Tues was great, I’m headed home today from Tulsa, it’s been fun few days but business calls.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Ilovedirttrackracing, TQ29m
1/11/23, 4:12 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
Pickens made same move on Davis a few laps before so he had one coming. Davis was smart enough to back off, Pickens was not. Track was terrible monday all day. Tues was great, I’m headed home today from Tulsa, it’s been fun few days but business calls.

Safe travels

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
1/11/23, 5:03 PM   #10
Blackduce

I would like to add that Flo has done a very professional job and exciting for me.
I went to VA Hospital and then McDonalds. With my cell and never missed anything. My Doctor was impressed.
Thanks again Flo.

Lynn

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl so far.