IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #1 4/13/14 12:25 PM
Gas City is set to open Friday night. I am looking forward to it. It should be an interesting year with qualifying being brought back into the sprint cars and midgets being added to the program weekly. If you havent looked yet they have a new website up http://www.gascityi69speedway.org/. I noticed the other day they have added a few money shows..and Aug 8th really caught my attention. I am hoping its a very successful year for Mel as this is his first go around with promoting the track. Everyone have a great week.

Tyler
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, FishBurger, LUCKYONE, nathans1012, PIT CART, Wayne Davis
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #2 4/13/14 12:34 PM
I think Jiggs' last name is Thomason, not Thompson. Is the IOFS the figure 8 series?
tntbusco (Offline)
  #3 4/13/14 3:53 PM
I must be blind but where do I find schedule? Thanks for help
tntbusco (Offline)
  #4 4/13/14 4:01 PM
Oops got it
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #5 4/13/14 4:01 PM
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #6 4/15/14 1:55 PM
why drag things out by time trialing for a weekly show/ draw for starting positions then race your way in
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #7 4/15/14 2:21 PM
Thunderbuns must be gettting to old
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #8 4/15/14 3:30 PM
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead:
why drag things out by time trialing for a weekly show/ draw for starting positions then race your way in
Hmmmm. Could it be because most of the racers and fans LIKE qualifying?

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
13 Likes: Charles Nungester, fish, FishBurger, jim goerge, Midget 89, Motormasher, Mud Packer, racegal, ROSS, SHORTBUS, speed bump, Speedracer, wideopen24
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 4/15/14 3:33 PM
Could it be that Qualifying doesn't usually draw anything out and is before showtime and after hotlaps and is mostly dead time? If it starts running into the show, Move hotlaps half a hour earlier.

Quaifying always rocks! provided the shows format is right. I honestly hate if they qualify and start straight up.

Charles Nungester
7 Likes: FishBurger, jim goerge, Koonzee, mowerman, Mud Packer, PatrickMead#13, SHORTBUS
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #10 4/15/14 9:06 PM
they generally do start strait up when time trialing, and how exciting is that (not) and it wears out the track life/ now if the fastest qualifier started tail and the slowest started on the pole like they did in the past, I'd say hell yeah to qualifying!