IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
brsteg (Offline)
  #1 5/9/22 9:55 AM
I've had an interesting couple years and have lost track of somethings.
I haven't been to Bloomington since they redid the lower seating. Is the lower seating now bring a lawn chair terrace, or is it stadium type seating again? (Don't know if I'll make it this year, but would like to have this info if a make a last second trip.)
PIT CART (Offline)
  #2 5/9/22 10:57 AM
Lawn chair seating, on the front stretch and about every where in the place 🏁 Just watch the weather because they don’t !!
2 Likes: oppweld, tirespinner
DJlives (Offline)
  #3 5/9/22 12:39 PM
One what basis is that statement made? (Weather)
PIT CART (Offline)
  #4 5/9/22 12:53 PM
The Friday USAC show🤔
DJlives (Offline)
  #5 5/9/22 1:07 PM
The Friday USAC show had a posted 730 start. The sprint car A main was on the track at 835. Kirk Spridgeon of USAC had a telephone in his hand monitoring the weather. Suddenly he said where did that come from? We had a popup or a front switch directions. The hornets were sent back to the pits and they hustled the B feature to the track got that in. Then ran 1 heat race and sent the A main cars to the track. All because they were watching the weather.

I have no idea why anyone promotes races. I really don't.
17 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, captrat, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, dirtnonwingfan, fish, Joekocjan, jonboat15, Milly, oldfan49, PJ Wright, ronmil, ROSS, tirespinner, TNRustler, WinglessLovers
richie (Online)
  #6 5/9/22 1:12 PM
Originally Posted by DJlives:
The Friday USAC show had a posted 730 start. The sprint car A main was on the track at 835. Kirk Spridgeon of USAC had a telephone in his hand monitoring the weather. Suddenly he said where did that come from? We had a popup or a front switch directions. The hornets were sent back to the pits and they hustled the B feature to the track got that in. Then ran 1 heat race and sent the A main cars to the track. All because they were watching the weather.

I have no idea why anyone promotes races. I really don't.
Plus, we woke up that Friday morning with the chance of rain sitting at 14%. It had been bleak all along, then suddenly changed for the better. We thought we were in the clear, then suddenly, we unexpectedly weren't right at semi-feature time. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
15 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, captrat, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, fish, jonboat15, Milly, PJ Wright, ronmil, Scott Daloisio, tirespinner, wildman92
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #7 5/9/22 1:23 PM
Originally Posted by richie:
Plus, we woke up that Friday morning with the chance of rain sitting at 14%. It had been bleak all along, then suddenly changed for the better. We thought we were in the clear, then suddenly, we unexpectedly weren't right at semi-feature time. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
The whole crowd was surprised by that shower!! Not USAC’s fault.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
7 Likes: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, fish, mc/rider, Milly, ronmil, tirespinner
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #8 5/9/22 2:16 PM
Richie,any sneak peek @ an entry list for Thurs,Fri,Sat?

Thanks!!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
richie (Online)
  #9 5/9/22 3:14 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Richie,any sneak peek @ an entry list for Thurs,Fri,Sat?

Thanks!!
Should be good to go on Tuesday.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, tirespinner
mc/rider (Offline)
  #10 5/9/22 3:58 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
The whole crowd was surprised by that shower!! Not USAC’s fault.
Nothing suprises me anymore, but that did

When in doubt Gas It
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, ronmil, tirespinner