IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MTQRL - Callie Wolsiffer Wins at Shelbyville
9/14/15, 2:57 PM   #11
speidel21

I would be on here complimenting the officials as well if one of my cars was able to do this (picture below) not only once, without a DQ or penalty. It happens to be one of only two cars who went to every one of their races this season. It shows it matters who you are when running this series. The series showing up with 11 cars at kokomo, since there were other places to race that day, showed the direction the series is heading. As far as the pass for lead Saturday, there was no contact. Veterans looked at both cars and no damage or marks, the other driver didn't even spin or wreck, just stopped out of the corner. The series then allowed him to go on track to flip me off in turn 2 under yellow, followed by his dad going on to track on backstretch to flip me off under yellow, followed by driver going onto backstretch after that to flip me off again, and no one said a word. They then proceeded to go up to my mother standing at the backstretch fence and cuss her out and yell at her knowing she was helpless just having surgery and not a word said. I did not say a word to anyone after race. To top it off, the series with held the contingency sponsored awards businesses give them for fast time, dash win, and heat wins, I'm going to persue claiming them myself from the sources.there is another thread on here from a different guy on his view of how their races are conducted. No one stands up to all the political B.S. from them and when writing articles trying to make me look like a bad guy and allowing the other driver and father to go on track multiple times and yell at my mom, I will put this all out there and if no one ever talks to me at track again I'll have my family to enjoy the races with. I do appreciate the support from people in the stands and everyone who came to the trailer. My hero growing up was there and said it was all b.s. and complimented my whole night and driving and that meant everything to me and meant more than winning the race would of anyway. Nick speidel
Attached Images
123951.jpg (39.1 KB, 136 views)
Last edited by speidel21; 9/14/15 at 3:00 PM.

1 member likes this post: Racer1039
9/14/15, 3:25 PM   #12
Sandy Lowe

MTQRL Rulebook
Rule 6.16 Effect of Exclusion – The person sentenced to exclusion shall be prohibited from any participation, either directly or indirectly, in all or the remaining part of a race meeting. Persons under sentence of exclusion will not be issued credentials of any kind and the privileges and uses of the course and the pit area will be denied. In all cases, exclusion shall entail the forfeiture of entry fees paid or payable, as well as the forfeiture of any awards earned during the sanctioned competition that shall accrue to the Midwest TQ Racing League.

I personally spoke to the sponsor of the MTQRL Quick Time Award and explained that as per the MTQRL rule book the $40 cash award would not be presented because the driver had been excluded. I told them the league would refund the $40 back to the sponsor.

The sponsor stated they did not want the money back & to add it to the award the Quick Time Champion will receive at the banquet.

9/14/15, 3:27 PM   #13
TqMidget41&84

Nick, so are you also saying there wasn't any contact on the white flag lap going into turn 3 in this video? Nick driving the black 39 not Kyle May.

And I guess while I was behind you and Arrington at Colunbus a few years ago there wasn't contact made there either when you both almost flipped from your dive bomb move? Maybe my eyes are just giving up on me.

I can't comment on the first time you got into Logan at shelbyville because I didn't see it first hand. But it's funny how everyone's story is the same except for the people that don't like MTQRL or your close friends. There's no "bad guys" here just people that respect other drivers and people that don't.

Brett Hankins

1 member likes this post: Sandy Lowe
9/14/15, 3:34 PM   #14
speidel21

You wasn't at twin cities either to know the whole story, after the race I told the promoter it was his decision and I understood either way. Get the facts straight before posting.

9/14/15, 3:48 PM   #15
TqMidget41&84

"Slide job" is what you called it. Fact is the video shows how you drive. Guess you choose when to have and not have car control ?!?

9/14/15, 3:58 PM   #16
speidel21

That night I talked to promoter one on one and told him I knew what I done and would accept what he chose. I run 50-60 times a year for years now, one mistake isn't bad and admitted to. In the real world driving midgets and sprints there has not been one complaint on me. I like how your a Midwest dieharder and trying to get off subject, this is a discussion about what happened Saturday night. I know we have been friends but its time to get realistic on how the series is conducting races.
Last edited by speidel21; 9/14/15 at 4:09 PM.

9/14/15, 4:07 PM   #17
Kenneth.Howard13

I ran with England's for a season. I didn't care where I finished it was just fun for me to get to go out and run a race car. That's the problem now days that I think everyone takes it so seriously. I wish I could run for a team again.

9/14/15, 4:10 PM   #18
TqMidget41&84

That's the problem you only admit to one mistake ? This has happened 4 times in the last 3 years. Accidents happen we all have caused them and all been involved in them. When it's your fault you try to make it right by apologizing which is the last thing that you have tried to do. Keep up that bad boy image you want cause it sure gets you a lot respect from other drivers. And if MTQRL is so bad at running their show why do you keep coming back? So you can solute the crowd as they boo you? Hate to break it to you bud but that's not a good thing.

9/14/15, 4:18 PM   #19
speidel21

The other three were all with Midwest and bogus, the same series that tried to stop me from running UMRA in 2010 when I was their points leader, would make their series look bad running with their competition. For awhile I was the only one who ran both series so I had the bullseye target, no further explanation needed Now back to Saturday nights discussion, everything else that occurred Sat night should be swept under the rug?

9/14/15, 4:23 PM   #20
TqMidget41&84

So Arrington and Logan wrecked all on their own? No contact was made from you?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MTQRL - Callie Wolsiffer Wins at Shelbyville