IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
View Poll Results: Rules for the Duquoin race?
A. ILSS rules 4 16.00%
B. Modified ILSS rules 2 8.00%
C AMSA rules like the last race there 2 8.00%
D. Tulsa Shoot out rules 11 44.00%
E. First ever National Mega race rules. 5 20.00%
Run what ya brung 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll
DAD (Offline)
  #1 12/4/13 11:32 AM
The Flyer is out, everybody is talking about it, What rules will they race under??? Time is running out and February 2014 will be here much too soon for us people that are running at what seems like light speed. As you kids get older you will know what I am talking about.

A. ILSS standard rules?

B. ILSS rules altered like in their races before?

C. Tulsa Shoot out rules?

D. AMSA rules like the last time when we raced on the mini Mile.?

E. The first ever race run under the New National Mega Race Rules?

The rules chosen is important so that racer's have time to prep for the race. Will the race try to exclude some racers leaving the race less competitive or will they attempt to be inclusive and get the largest turn out possible with the most competitive racing? That is the big question right now.

How do the racers at large feel about their options.
I am also very aware that the people with the money are the ones that should be calling the shots.

This is just one little way to get our finger on the pulse of the racers, and "Indiana Open Wheel" seems to have the majority of the Mini Sprint racers as readers.

Honest Dad himself
jjones752 (Offline)
  #2 12/4/13 11:53 AM
Speaking strictly for myself...
I would like to see an all-inclusive approach, since the car I chose to purchase early this year (before AMSA came out with their 1000cc rules package) is now only legal to run under "Midget Lite" (Montpelier, STORM, IMRA) rules packages. I'm OK with that since I have no intention of running with a wing anyway but it would be nice to know if I can consider running Du Quoin; maybe that would be incentive enough to get out in that cold garage and finish up those last-minute details in advance of MMS's opening night...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
2 Likes: DAD, Wayne Davis
buckshot3448 (Offline)
  #3 12/4/13 12:22 PM
should be modified ILSS rules since its the Archdale Race i think roger told me but i cant remember
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #4 12/4/13 1:14 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
I would like to see an all-inclusive approach, since the car I chose to purchase early this year (before AMSA came out with their 1000cc rules package) is now only legal to run under "Midget Lite" (Montpelier, STORM, IMRA) rules packages. I'm OK with that since I have no intention of running with a wing anyway but it would be nice to know if I can consider running Du Quoin; maybe that would be incentive enough to get out in that cold garage and finish up those last-minute details in advance of MMS's opening night...
If the went with this approch so all can race it would be standin room only...we would leave the sunshine and bring 3 maybe 4 cars from Florida

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Quick Change (Offline)
  #5 12/4/13 1:39 PM
Where can I find this flyer?
DAD (Offline)
  #6 12/4/13 2:20 PM
Is anybody going to Duquoin this weekend? I am thinking about it, should be a very good race even without the 1000cc midgets racing there this time. I will probably be hanging around the 37 cars of AJ Felker.

Honest Dad himself
buckshot3448 (Offline)
  #7 12/4/13 2:41 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
pretty much it should be anything under 1200cc im not positive on this though. basically tulsa rules I believe. no QC rearends or the eco-techs. Like I said in another post look for more info around tulsa the first of the year. I am not 100% on these rules but I will let you know when i find out more.

Originally Posted by Quick Change:
Where can I find this flyer?
The Flyer is over on the tulsa rules page. It has hardly any info other then the dates and 2,000 to win. The dates are not for sure 3 days yet either may be 2 last time I talked to the promotor. I wish we could get more info on this but they just dont want to quite spill all the beans yet
Nate (Offline)
  #8 12/4/13 5:35 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Is anybody going to Duquoin this weekend? I am thinking about it, should be a very good race even without the 1000cc midgets racing there this time. I will probably be hanging around the 37 cars of AJ Felker.

Honest Dad himself
I wish I was going over, saw the entry list last night and it looks impressive and it wasn't completely updated, should be some great racin'. However from Fort Wayne thats quite a haul.
RickyBobby (Offline)
  #9 12/4/13 6:25 PM
Due to it not being a weekly ILSS show, I think it was already predetermined that this was going to be open for any 1200 upright chain drive car. J Jones and Wayne Davis, go ahead and get those cars ready.

Andrew Funk #8
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #10 12/4/13 7:14 PM
Originally Posted by RickyBobby:
Due to it not being a weekly ILSS show, I think it was already predetermined that this was going to be open for any 1200 upright chain drive car. J Jones and Wayne Davis, go ahead and get those cars ready.
I only have QC cars and down here in Florida. The D-2 Midget rules keep them inline with the stock 1000 on gas...in fact we are looking at opening them up a little to make them more competitive any 2.0 can do anything to the heads and allow cams....Brad Noffzinger has 14 of these focus cars and the most BHP is 158 compared to a stock GSXR at 186 and weight 200lbs less. It does produce more torque with the bigger bore so they are some what competitive but DO NOT have the advantage some lightning sprint racers say they do....This is over a year of racing down here...It all goes back to "SETUP" and the cat setting in the seat when you take the sissy flap off the top....but then most would rather "BUY" their speed instead of the hard work and knowledge it takes to run non wing the wing racing....sorry for being so blunt but that is the facts!!!

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

2 Likes: jjones752, tandtinc2424