IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2017 No Way Out 40
3/21/17, 9:21 PM   #21
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
With all due respect. You don't dare do something like that. You'll have people showing up saturday to locked gates saying WTH?

You could have a raindate of April 8th and bump the price if needed on a already existing show. While it would affect a few drivers who do both sprints and midgets. In no way is this in Kokomo's market.
Atomic did this very thing this week.

3/21/17, 10:58 PM   #22
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
With all due respect. You don't dare do something like that. You'll have people showing up saturday to locked gates saying WTH?
The way it looks right now they would be showing up to locked gates on Saturday anyways, in torrential downpours.

Like I said, if a track could work out the logistics and was willing to take a shot at it, I'd support the race.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
3/22/17, 5:22 AM   #23
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Just schedule the race for multiple days and then pick the best one the week of the race. Seems like a good idea this time of year.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
3/22/17, 6:52 AM   #24
Re: 2017 No Way Out 40
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

The forecast seems to be changing in our favor

4 members like this post: Ambrose36, i love dirt track racing, jscott101, Nate
3/22/17, 4:42 PM   #25
BrownstownSpeedway

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE #2 - Brownstown Speedway - Brownstown, IN - Wednesday, 22, 2017

Track promoter Jim Price and co-race promoter Mason Fleetwood have been in close contact this week watching the weather predictions for this Saturday's No Way Out 40. As of today it looks as if the weather may hold out until after midnight in our area. Our plan as of now is the 40 Lap NO WAY OUT feature paying $7,500 to win will roll onto the track by 9:00pm eastern daylight savings time!!!! Make your plans now to be strapped into your seat and ready to watch an action packed night of open wheel racing on the famed quarter mile.

We have had several questions about the possibility of moving this race to Friday. To clear that up at this time, while we do understand the weather looks more favorable then, the answer is there is no possible way to make this happen on such short notice. Brownstown Speedway is planning to do their best to get this show in for both drivers and fans on Saturday.

Thank you and see everyone there!

3/22/17, 4:50 PM   #26
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstownSpeedway View Post
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE #2 - Brownstown Speedway - Brownstown, IN - Wednesday, 22, 2017

Track promoter Jim Price and co-race promoter Mason Fleetwood have been in close contact this week watching the weather predictions for this Saturday's No Way Out 40. As of today it looks as if the weather may hold out until after midnight in our area. Our plan as of now is the 40 Lap NO WAY OUT feature paying $7,500 to win will roll onto the track by 9:00pm eastern daylight savings time!!!! Make your plans now to be strapped into your seat and ready to watch an action packed night of open wheel racing on the famed quarter mile.

We have had several questions about the possibility of moving this race to Friday. To clear that up at this time, while we do understand the weather looks more favorable then, the answer is there is no possible way to make this happen on such short notice. Brownstown Speedway is planning to do their best to get this show in for both drivers and fans on Saturday.

Thank you and see everyone there!
Don't forget about the new restrooms

1 member likes this post: Nate
3/22/17, 5:13 PM   #27
1021gpa

They just released statement on FB says they plan on having feature on track Saturday night by 9pm

3/23/17, 12:53 PM   #28
Reeldeal

Weather looks bad

3/23/17, 5:08 PM   #29
IndianaSprintFan

Why don't you wait until Saturday morning to decide what the weather looks like. It's changed a lot over the last week and I'm sure it will between now and then. They've said they are racing. Plan on showing up till they tell you not to

3/23/17, 5:17 PM   #30
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan View Post
Why don't you wait until Saturday morning to decide what the weather looks like. It's changed a lot over the last week and I'm sure it will between now and then. They've said they are racing. Plan on showing up till they tell you not to
We are planning to head that way until tell tell us to stay home. Thanks.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mc/rider, scottyCbus, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2017 No Way Out 40