IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Too Fast
3/21/17, 12:07 AM   #51
Re: Too Fast? Possibly not...
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
all the talk about safety and nobody does the obvious.
?
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3/21/17, 12:11 AM   #52
Re: Too Fast
jdull99

(this is more to improve the racing than safety concern, but my point is less speed = better racing - the suits at NA$KAR apparently think the same...)

NBC Sports has confirmed that NASCAR will use restrictor plates for the Xfinity race July 22 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The decision, which initially was reported by freelance journalist Michael Knight on Twitter last weekend, will take effect after NASCAR was pleased by the results of a successful Xfinity test with plates last year at the 2.5-mile track.

A NASCAR official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss publicly, said if the Xfinity race goes well, then restrictor plates would be used for the 2018 Brickyard 400 in the Cup Series.

NASCAR also is considering using the same plate-style rules package for Indianapolis, Pocono Raceway and Michigan International Speedway.

Far less likely in the short term is the use of the IMS road course, which the Sports Business Journal reported last week was under consideration for usage in Cup. An IMS spokesman declined comment on the report.

-- NBC Sports --

3/24/17, 4:47 PM   #53
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
(this is more to improve the racing than safety concern, but my point is less speed = better racing - the suits at NA$KAR apparently think the same...)

NBC Sports has confirmed that NASCAR will use restrictor plates for the Xfinity race July 22 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The decision, which initially was reported by freelance journalist Michael Knight on Twitter last weekend, will take effect after NASCAR was pleased by the results of a successful Xfinity test with plates last year at the 2.5-mile track.

A NASCAR official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss publicly, said if the Xfinity race goes well, then restrictor plates would be used for the 2018 Brickyard 400 in the Cup Series.

NASCAR also is considering using the same plate-style rules package for Indianapolis, Pocono Raceway and Michigan International Speedway.

Far less likely in the short term is the use of the IMS road course, which the Sports Business Journal reported last week was under consideration for usage in Cup. An IMS spokesman declined comment on the report.

-- NBC Sports --
right thinking, wrong solution. They tried that nonsense with restrictor plates at New Hamshire after Adam Petty and Kenny Irwin got killed, it didn't work. Killing HP isn't the solution it's limiting traction and downforce, this is why non-wing sprints are so exciting. For good racing you need excess power combined with limited traction, which = driving skill. By making them race around glued to the track w/no power you get a kids stock class go kart race, a snoozer for any fan other than a parent.
Last edited by Aces&Eights; 3/24/17 at 4:51 PM.

4 members like this post: captrat, flyer, racenut69, Tony74
3/24/17, 5:58 PM   #54
jdull99

There will be over 36 cars at the Indy Xfinity race...I'm betting 19 (or less) start the Saturday night 2017 Bellville Nationals feature...

3/24/17, 9:12 PM   #55
Lincoln Chapple

How much do you want to bet?

Or are you just making a comment you can't back up?

I am very interested in taking you up on this so long as it is an amount that excites me.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, hairracer44
3/25/17, 11:49 AM   #56
jdull99

I never have much money; so I may not be able to interest you & I would actually be "ok" with the idea that 20 or more cars start the Saturday night A-main, so idk...$14.56?

3/25/17, 11:52 AM   #57
jdull99

Null & void IF the powri race wknd gets cancelled (one way or another) b4 3pm Sat; & anybody drives over from I-55 & gets to run tho

3/25/17, 11:23 PM   #58
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I just made plans to be in Belleville for the midget nationals this year and would gladly strap into one. I don't pay to play and would ask for 33% of prize money. I've driven for former Badger car owner champion team. If you need a driver pm me.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Too Fast