IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jack Dupp (Offline)
  #1 1/17/17 11:27 AM
I was extremely proud of the patriotism shown at the Chili Bowl. The entire building is a raucous, loud, excited, distracted human organism. When the Star Spangled Banner began the crowd fell silent, the impact wrenches stilled, people stopped to face our flag and hands covered hearts. When the brilliant performers finished our national anthem, then came the loudest applause of the evening. And no one "took a knee".
49 Likes: 34racer, 5krunner, Al Pierce, babcock14d, bighd0522, bigq11, billw, chathamracefan, davidm, dickster, dirtball, Dirteater, Dirtfan, Eatin Dirt, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jdull99, jerrydt, JessicaJ, jim goerge, Joe T, Jsr7s, K9Racer, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, martz32, mc/rider, Mike75, nedra_bahler_835@com, PIT CART, racefan20, racer-x, RadRacer, rmcar, rmr6nm, sc17x, SCI Racing, SHORTBUS, snow white 33, speed bump, stealth43k, superstock30, tirespinner, trackprep, trannyman, turn4, WinglessLovers, xoxide
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #2 1/17/17 2:01 PM
I would echo that & also add that I thought the tributes they did for BC on Friday and Lanny Edwards on Saturday were extremely well done as covered on the Racin Boys broadcast.
10 Likes: davidm, Dirteater, Jack Dupp, jeffc5227, jim goerge, Joe T, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97, tirespinner, turn4
Dirteater (Offline)
  #3 1/17/17 4:58 PM
No disrespect to the ladies that sang on Wed-Friday. But the guy that whistled the national anthem on Tues, he could've done the next 3 days also. 🇺🇸🇺🇸
8 Likes: Bobv, cdeshon, dkdorkboy, i love dirt track racing, JessicaJ, jim goerge, Joe T, tirespinner
Whistler (Offline)
  #4 1/14/18 4:39 PM
Thank you! Just stumbled on this and it made my day. I hope you caught this years perfomance too?
~Whistler
13 Likes: Bobv, Charles Nungester, chathamracefan, cornerthree, Dirteater, i love dirt track racing, Joe T, oppweld, PIT CART, RadRacer, smith19, trackprep, turn4