IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > National Speed Sport News
9/26/09, 1:53 PM   #1
National Speed Sport News
stephen

Does anybody else have trouble getting their NSSN in a timely matter? Mine just keeps coming later and later. The one I got last week was two or three weeks old, and this week it didn't even arrive at all.

9/26/09, 2:21 PM   #2
Re: National Speed Sport News
turn1fan

I live in San Diego, I usually have mine by Thursday or Friday the same week it comes out. No complaints from me.

9/26/09, 2:24 PM   #3
Jonr

Having moved twice in the last two years, I can tell you that it is all dependent on the post office. When I lived in Texas, I could expect it on Saturday or Monday. When I lived in Wisconsin, It was horrible. I sometimes would get the old paper and new paper on the same day. Now that I live in Missouri, I always get it on Thursday.

It has been a while since I have looked, but I think NSSN has instructions on what to do if your papers are late, and how to complain to the post office.

Good luck

9/26/09, 2:25 PM   #4
I Miss Manzy

Stephen,my copy usually arrives anywhere from the Thursday to Saturday following issue date. Occasionally,though not very often,it can be as late as the following Tuesday. If you miss an issue you can call the office,talk to a real live person,(no automated "Press 1 for English" nonsense) and they will send a replacement copy at no charge. I hope you can resolve your problem with this,because a week without NSSN is just seven days!

9/26/09, 2:31 PM   #5
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

It is always the fault of the local post office. When they get behind on sorting, they simply put newspapers aside for the next light day. One of my friends works in the main USPS distribution center for our area. He says the bundles of NSSN (and other such papers) always go through on the same day, the day after they are printed. Go to your local PO and get copies of the complaint form. Fill one out and mail it (they are free postage) every week the paper is late. That will work for a while, then you'll have to do it again.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
9/26/09, 3:03 PM   #6
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks for the tip, Dick. I moved about 5 miles in Springfield and now my NSSN usually comes sooner than it did. Usually Friday or Saturday, when it used to come on Friday once in a while, maybe Saturday, and perhaps 40% of the time on Monday or Tuesday. My wife always did say that our old postman just stopped delivering when he got tired of it. Go figure.

9/26/09, 3:33 PM   #7
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Does anybody else have trouble getting their NSSN in a timely matter? Mine just keeps coming later and later. The one I got last week was two or three weeks old, and this week it didn't even arrive at all.
I was one of a group that had gathered at Indy Mile in May,had the pleasure of speaking with Ms.Corinne Economaki,as she was handing out that weeks NSSN in the rear of pit area....among things that were a priority with her was NSSN's delv. problems all over the country!!....complaints have been filed with USPS nationwide...including by myself.....i know this for fact,coming from my long time past courier in Austin!!...as he told me about the mess i stired up inside at my station!!....after that,my paper would come on time occausionally....I had known from the inside,the problem was Mags/Papers get worked when they can....I hauled mail in Austin from Annex/GMF.....now living in Yuma,I've rec'd my paper every week since,on Thurs.....It will always depend on you're indv. USPS station,how timely you'll rec NSSN at ur door!!.....Thanks again to Corinne/staff at NSSN for a fine Weekly MotorSports Publication, receiving mine over 40yrs.!!........

9/26/09, 3:54 PM   #8
bojo20

Agree with several of the earlier posts,when I had some delivery problems I was told it depends on how much if any priority your local post office gives that type of mail.

9/26/09, 4:09 PM   #9
bullring

I'm in Rockford IL and I have terrible delivery. Last week I was thinking I hadn't got a paper in awhile. Then lo and behold, the mail comes and I get 2 papers on the same day. Makes no sense to me.

9/26/09, 4:32 PM   #10
sprinter25

I, too, was experiencing delivery issues with NSSN..... I solved my problem by doing an internet subscription. It costs less($25 for two years) and is available on Wednesday of every week. It takes about 5 minutes to download and save the current week's issue, and I am still able to read it at my leisure.

While I had a few problems when they upgraded their website a few weeks back, their subscription services person is very responsive and helpful, and got me squared away in a few days.

Unless you're wedded to the paper and save old copies, this internet thingy is the only way to go.....and they archive old issues, too!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > National Speed Sport News