IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hello
9/26/09, 10:15 AM   #1
Hello
Lucky161

New to this site. Some of you may know me already from other racing sites. Hopefully that won't be held against me. As I became more and more disillusioned with the state of Indycar racing, it was suggested that I might look for a new home. I like almost any kind of racing, but sprints are my favorite and I am here on the recommendation of a friend.
For those that don't know me. I live in the Fort Worth-Dallas area of Texas. Other than the superspeedway TMS and their tiny 1/5 mile for Legends and Bandaleros, we have no paved tracks within 100 miles of this area. That's bad because I like sprints and other cars on pavement. But we do have about a dozen dirt tracks within driving distance, a couple within 20 miles of my home. That's good because I like sprints on dirt too. Most of the sprints around here run with wings and that's ok because I like sprints with wings. But we also have one series that runs a few non winged races and that's good too, because I like sprints without wings as well.
This year we had 3 different sprint car series running in this area. ASCS, Sprint Series of Texas and the Devil's Bowl weekly Super Sprints which were actually a restricted version of sprints. I've heard that they were going to do like Cowtown Speedway the other track that runs sprints weekly and go with the ASCS rules.
I love the ASCS and personally find them to generally put on better races than the WoO. But the Sprint Series of Texas is my new sprint car interest. They are a 305 sprint series that uses the Racesaver Rules. They have good car counts, put on good races and I am a big supporter of their affordable rules. I'd like to say I am now an expert on the Racesaver Series since I've read just about everything available on them, but that's not that much, so I can't claim expert status.
I am hoping this site will help me keep up with what is going on in other parts of the country and I'll be happy to report what I know from this area in case anyone is interested.

9/26/09, 10:40 AM   #2
Re: Hello
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Welcome! It is always nice to get new blood on this board. I think that you will find that there are many friendly, knowledgeable members who are more than willing to share information. Its especially good to welcome someone who obviously has a wide variety of interests (my nickname notwithstanding). You are lucky to live where ASCS runs. I agree with your comments on them. Hope you can get up to the Midwest for some of our nonwing races sometime. I think you would really like some of the great tracks, drivers and competition we have up here. Personally, I still look forward to getting to Devil's Bowl sometime.

Again, welcome.

9/26/09, 11:28 AM   #3
stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky161 View Post
New to this site. Some of you may know me already from other racing sites. Hopefully that won't be held against me. As I became more and more disillusioned with the state of Indycar racing, it was suggested that I might look for a new home. I like almost any kind of racing, but sprints are my favorite and I am here on the recommendation of a friend.
For those that don't know me. I live in the Fort Worth-Dallas area of Texas. Other than the superspeedway TMS and their tiny 1/5 mile for Legends and Bandaleros, we have no paved tracks within 100 miles of this area. That's bad because I like sprints and other cars on pavement. But we do have about a dozen dirt tracks within driving distance, a couple within 20 miles of my home. That's good because I like sprints on dirt too. Most of the sprints around here run with wings and that's ok because I like sprints with wings. But we also have one series that runs a few non winged races and that's good too, because I like sprints without wings as well.
This year we had 3 different sprint car series running in this area. ASCS, Sprint Series of Texas and the Devil's Bowl weekly Super Sprints which were actually a restricted version of sprints. I've heard that they were going to do like Cowtown Speedway the other track that runs sprints weekly and go with the ASCS rules.
I love the ASCS and personally find them to generally put on better races than the WoO. But the Sprint Series of Texas is my new sprint car interest. They are a 305 sprint series that uses the Racesaver Rules. They have good car counts, put on good races and I am a big supporter of their affordable rules. I'd like to say I am now an expert on the Racesaver Series since I've read just about everything available on them, but that's not that much, so I can't claim expert status.
I am hoping this site will help me keep up with what is going on in other parts of the country and I'll be happy to report what I know from this area in case anyone is interested.
Are you going to I-30 speedway in Little Rock for the Short Track Nationals Oct.29-31.

9/26/09, 11:28 AM   #4
Danny Burton

I come home for a break to find this????

Welcome to one of my favorite Texans. A very good message board just got even better.

Good to see you here, Lucky.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/26/09, 12:50 PM   #5
pletchfan

Welcome to IOW. We hope you will find many friendly people here to share your thoughts and ideas with. This is a GREAT board to belong too. We hope you will like it here.

9/27/09, 1:53 AM   #6
Gregg

Hey, you made it. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable, Lucky.

It will be great to hear some news from Texas from someone who is passionate about racing in the Lone Star State.

I'm glad you're here.

9/27/09, 8:15 AM   #7
FishBurger

Hey Lucky...WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Gregg told about this addition to our "family" last evening at Eldora.
I look forward to your contributions to an already GREAT board.

9/27/09, 10:22 AM   #8
SprintManDave

Welcome to the board Lucky. Always nice to have new blood.Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

9/27/09, 10:22 AM   #9
Lucky161

Thanks for the welcome. I recognize a few of the names already and am looking forward to making some new friends here as well.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Are you going to I-30 speedway in Little Rock for the Short Track Nationals Oct.29-31.
Not sure about I-30. It's not a direct conflict with other races I already plan to attend. But it's in a pretty busy time for sprint car races down this way. Cowtown is having a big sprint car race on 10-9 and 10-10. Devils Bowl Winternationals were rained out eariler and rescheduled for 10-16 and 10-17. The Sprint Series of Texas has what may be their season ender in Ardmore OK on 10-17. And the Amarillo TX vs KS 305 shootout is that weekend too. I may be too wore out and/or too broke to make I-30.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hello