IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $6000 to Win Non Winged Sprints!!
9/11/08, 6:06 PM   #11
Re: $6000 to Win Non Winged Sprints!!
mortboyz

Those Shaheen Super Weekends were exactly that....Super!
My first one, probably '74 or '75 was the first time I'd seen this guy named Wolfgang. He was in the Van Patten Mobile Homes car with duct tape, baling wire and about 7 different colors everywhere.....and that was just Wolfies glasses!:O:
Seems like there were 60-70 cars on both nights....fabulous stuff.

I'm really looking forward to this show too. Wanna watch Hess attempt to impersonate a Sprint Car driver again:rolling

9/11/08, 6:40 PM   #12
Bullringsarebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEADDICT View Post
:thumbHopefully ma' nature will cooperate. Not looking so good for this weekends midget show. (bummer). Can't wait for the Shaheens. Should be a great show, hopefully 30- 40 cars and a packed grandstand. Count us in. (assuming we don't get tore up next weekend)
1.7 inches this morning.Did you guys get more than that??

9/11/08, 6:47 PM   #13
Bullringsarebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscs20 View Post
Bill,
My dad and I will be there too....unique thing, we both raced at Shaheen's. Not many of us left. Randy Bateman did and I'm sure he will be there. Ron Standridge of course. Maybe somebody could motivate Jim Moughan to run topless and how cool it would be to see Donnie Beechler come out and run. Manny Rockhold is another.

Steve Thomas
Ron really impressed me (the night he ran here)started in the back and ended up 3rd.Now that you found the BAR ,come down and see us after the races

9/11/08, 7:19 PM   #14
RACEADDICT

"I'm really looking forward to this show too. Wanna watch Hess attempt to impersonate a Sprint Car driver again"(mortzboy)
:rolling:rolling:rolling:rolling:rollingAttachment 362(Hess at Kokomo, sorry I forgot where I saw this to give credit to the photographer. Think it says pictureworld. org)

Sometimes he looks like he has if figured out...........
Last edited by RACEADDICT; 9/11/08 at 7:23 PM. Reason: Add credit

9/14/08, 7:16 PM   #15
Bullringsarebest

We have received quite a few emails from drivers. Please send your registration info,, driver, car# etc. (sponsor info is welcome too!!) by email to: morgancospeedway@msn.com

9/14/08, 11:37 PM   #16
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Sprint Car entry list you care to post:idea:

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/15/08, 7:21 AM   #17
sdcheek

Any chance you will share any of the e-mails or entries you have recieved with us ?

9/16/08, 8:27 AM   #18
Bullringsarebest

Keep the emails and replies coming. The fans are curious to see who is coming out to race. Right now the main added interest seems to be coming from the Indiana Area. Locals like Standridge, Ulrisch, Branson, Wissmiller, Thomas are racing.
Will keep updates as we get them. Need to get FANS IN THE STANDS!!! This time of the year is hard with home football games going on in Jacksonville.

9/21/08, 5:25 PM   #19
Bullringsarebest

Bttt...........Please keep the emails coming with drivers info on who is planning on coming. Any questions please email or give us a call. Seats can be reserved with credit card by calling 217-370-1957 or email.
morgancospeedway@msn.com
Promoter: 217-371-5228

9/21/08, 8:10 PM   #20
sdcheek

Bill, it would be nice if you would pass the information from your phone calls from drivers and e-mails from drivers on to we fans. So far all you have listed are the regular weekly racers. I know everyone that calls or e-mails won't end up racing there, and I will come no matter who is going to be there. If I have a few names to at least spread around I may be able to talk more fans into coming. I didn't know that you had reserved seats until I read a previous post ?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $6000 to Win Non Winged Sprints!!