IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mowa & Mscs show?
6/15/13, 11:11 PM   #81
Re: Mowa & Mscs show?
MOWA

Shane Stewart Wins tonight's MOWA feature followed by AJ Bruns, Greg Wilson,Jerrod Hull and Jimmy Hurley. Full results are posted at http://www.mowalive.com
Last edited by MOWA; 6/15/13 at 11:35 PM.

6/15/13, 11:39 PM   #82
SDHill89

TSS puts on some great racing. I was so into the MSCS feature I didn't even realize it was over at first. The MOWA feature was fun to watch too. I've been very impressed with AJ Bruns this year. He's been running strong against some top drivers all year. Now I just hope it doesn't rain too much tonight. I'm not sure how waterproof my tent is.

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, jim goerge, mscs20, Rpracing1
6/15/13, 11:52 PM   #83
hoosierhillbilly

After several failed attempts, I finally got my first race in this year. Good races in both classes. Back to Ohio tomorrow after a visit to my dads. Waynesfield sprint week up next.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
6/15/13, 11:54 PM   #84
stanbrough4presidentgo53

Greg Wilson said it best about TSS that's why you don't miss a show here

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: coachmeece, jim goerge, Rpracing1
6/15/13, 11:59 PM   #85
Slider812
Banned

Not one single complaint. I love it.. Both non and wing was awesome racing all night. Man oh man was that awesome!!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/16/13, 12:02 AM   #86
Rpracing1

Shane Stewart was a rocket ship tonight! Congrats! Never seen AJ Bruns in competition before but hope too some time again as he was also very fast! Ronmil, give Earlene our best. Helfrich and his crew pulled off tonight an amazing feat. Big crowd tonite too. MOWA knows how to promote and run a program. Very impressed with that organization. Greg Wilson said it best on the podium, and I quote, " Best track in the country, all other track operators need to come here to see how to prep a track". Coming from a racer, it is all that needs to be said. Hope they run this program again next year as it was one of the best! Let the na-sayers fire away now. Oh yeah, MSCS had 10 USAC drivers in field! Kevin Thomas Jr. drove a masterful race. Really thought the Bro had it rapped up, then KT comes out of no where! Two excellent programs in one evening! Five Stars! Also Kudos to Danny Smith for donating all of the proceeds from his Tee shirt sales tonight to Jason Lefflers son. I support that cause whole heartedly. Nice jesture Danny. Always a class act!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 6/16/13 at 12:12 AM.

6/16/13, 12:29 AM   #87
hoosierhillbilly

Bought me a Danny smith t on my way out.

I laughed at Wilson's comments. Fremont and Attica should listen.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/16/13, 12:34 AM   #88
kdobson

Last edited by kdobson; 6/16/13 at 12:40 AM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Morgan7m, racing2bwithu2
6/16/13, 2:12 AM   #89
jim goerge

Talked to Danny Smiths wife at pay off window and think she said sold just under 22 hundred dollars worth of shirts Did samething in Ohio Friday night Danny and his wife = Class act Thank you Smiths

4 members like this post: Morgan7m, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, racing2bwithu2
6/16/13, 4:01 AM   #90
Jerry Shaw

Wes Mac must really love racing at Haubstadt, because he is just a fun driver to watch, when he's flying around that place. A couple of times there that I remember, he employed a back it in Bob Kinser-style to make a quick line around the bottom. Tonight, he did something completely different. He was cutting a diamond pattern, racing up to the apex of the turns at each end, throwing the back end around and then just standing on the gas. On most laps in the turn three and four end, the left front was high off the ground as he began his exit. There has to be some photographers who took me poster quality shots of him, tonight.

Come feature time, he was on the front row, lined up outside Robert Ballou, who has been real strong paired with Baldwin Brothers, this year. Behind them sat Stockon and Stanbrough, Hunter and Short, Sterrett and Gross and the fifth row was one that everybody had their eyes on, because it contained Kevin Thomas Jr. and Daron Clayton. No way those two were going to be 9th and 10th for long. When the green dropped, Wes Mac led and was challenged briefly by Ballou, then he began to widen his lead, lap by lap. He was flying. About then, Ballou was starting to have a problem. That problem was red and had 66's painted on it. They went at it tooth and nail for, five or so laps. It was the first great battle of many, in this one. When the smoke cleared, Stanbrough owned second, but McIntyre had gotten into lapped traffic, which let Jon and Robert close back in on the leader. Then there was a yellow. So you had a restart with Wes Mac, a lapped car, Stanbrough and then Ballou. Wes took off a bit, till Jon cleared the lapped car. He then started to reel the leader in. While all this was happening, KT Jr. was hooked up on the bottom and had wrestled positions away from Sterrett, Gross, Schuerenberg and Stockon, just as Brady Short had overtaken Ballou. And after Robert had lost that position, he encountered Daron Clayton and they began the race's second best battle. This one lasted for a bunch of laps. Slide jobs. Banging wheels several times. It was an intense scrap, that probably left both drivers not being happy with one another, by the time it was over. And while this was going on, they both were overtaken by KT, who then went to work on Wes Mac. KT wrestled second away from Wes and set sail for our leader. You knew at that point that it was now "ON". He reeled Jon in, as the laps wound down. When he caught him with just a few laps left, Jon changed tactics and ran the real low line that was working for KT. Then Thomas nosed ahead, but he still had Stanbrough glued to him. Then as they came down for the white flag, Jon pulled along side of KT on the front stretch, but then they encountered a lapped car. KT ducked under the lapped car, but Jon was partially blocked by it and KT skated away and opened up too a big of lead for Jon to overcome. What a race. What a job by Tommy, Blake and their crew. The track was perfect all night. It was a real big crowd and they all got their money's worth. It was a popular win for KT, as everyone has seen him grow up at this place. And he earned his money, tonight. He had to pry this win out of the jaws of a pitbull. One that will be in the Hall of Fame, someday.

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/16/13 at 4:33 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mowa & Mscs show?